Karoo burn

Breezer

I know of a munga finisher that also did not finish.

I am sure

That's a bastard of a road but its also very beautiful.This was taken in the full heat of a summer evening towards the mountains at Calvinia

I know of a munga finisher that also did not finish.

I am sure

That's a bastard of a road but its also very beautiful.This was taken in the full heat of summer towards Ceres

I have lost complete direction.This is towards Calvinia.I should be punished for this

post-523-0-51059400-1582566774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kranswurm

my teammates suggested we do this one.

I highlighted the rather obvious point that it seemed like an incredibly masochistic sufferfest, not to mention logistical schlepp.

we didn't enter.

I must say the logistics was actually well sorted. A bit of q drive to Calvinia, but accommodation there is very reasonable and transport for our car back to KALEO was R700, split 4 ways.

No argument about the masochistical suffer fest comment...

Someone told me almost half the field didn't finish  :eek:

Cynic in me is worrying this race is not going to last, just too extreme for the average weekend warrior?

Was planning to give it a go next year but I have some unfinished business with the Atta and unfortunately can't do both...

I suggested taking Katbakies out and go swaarmoed pass to finish at Eselfontein...apparently, finish in Ceres was the original finish,...Eselfontein is just next door... :mellow: Calvinia To Ceres is the longest dirt road in SA. Interesting fact

Accomadation in Calvnia was very good(Blou Nartjie) car transport was well org by the Calvinia primary school parents association.

The evening meal at R170 was a let down, pre orderd, bought a boerie afterwards, wld have had 3 of those instead!

I saw 3 guys finishing at 6.30am , The last survivors, Those 3 soldiers showed true grit!!

Salut ma se Kinders