Help me choose my next MTB Bar/Stem combo

Cycle Fan

My bike shop ordered it from whomever the supplier is so should be readily available locally.

That would be International Trade....  They do Spank, Hope, WTB and a few other pretty cool brands.

Nah, don't worry about 35mm rise. If you're putting spacers under your bars now it's a moot point, anyway. More important is to ensure the sweep is right for you, because the difference in feeling between a 5 deg sweep and a 9 deg sweep is huge (better wrist alignment on the 9, for me). If you're still unsure, a 15 / 20mm rise shoudl be as good middle ground.

This completely....tried a few bar/stem combos on my following & offering and the most comfortable was the Easton haven carbon bar & 60 mm stem . Think the bar is 20mm ride 9* deg sweep. Still have in bike box me thinks.

Some bars will just sit in your hands right and some won’t ....You know when you find the perfect fitting bar for your bike, you don’t give it a 2nd thought !

Oh and the difference between 35 & 31.8 is night and day ...... or so I have been told ????

This is what i have in green and 20mm rise,bloody awesome .

post-51529-0-26236600-1588004196_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

Oh and the difference between 35 & 31.8 is night and day ...... or so I have been told [emoji848]

This is what i have in green and 20mm rise,bloody awesome .

I have both, could not tell you the difference. I have the 35mm on now, had the 31.8 before, have a 31.8 on my spark it also had the 35 for some time.

Given I am the guy who can barely ride 30km on an alu bar on jeep track, if there where a difference between 35 and 31.8 I'd probably have felt it.

I know vibracore did a massive document about their product and comparisons between the 2 sizes as well as against carbon and they went with the 31.8 as it offered better dampening. The larger size reduced the efficacy of their fancy dampening insert. From what I recall though is in carbon the dampening effect is increased in the wider size.

I guess that means if you going carbon and have the option bigger is better, other than that I think it really is a much of a muchness.

31.8 and 35 have differences largely only in weight and stiffness but this also depends brands

Going from a crank bothers 31.8mm bar to 35mm joystick bar the difference in stiffness was massive

Going from A renthal 31.8 to renthal 35 the difference was stiffness again but marginal

Edited by BaGearA