Masks when riding

I run/ride with a mask in my pocket. It is there for in case. In case of a cop being arse, but also in case I want to stop at a shop.

I was involved with a patient evacuation out of the mountain last year and the rider didn't have a mask. Fortunately the paramedics had a spare for him.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont disagree with you. I'm sure they have heard and seen every excuse there is.

But, according to the article they were driving around looking for people to lock up. ?????

If he had been running, surely he would have shown some sort of signs of jsut having exercised .

I get it. They're damned if they do and damned if they dont.

It just that SA cops have a history of abusing power

Short of a video we wont ever know the truth of this ....

Cops on a power trip ?

Actual runner walking off the last block or two ....

Any attitude (from either party) ....

A possible case of not have a mask with him at all? Police asking him to please put on his mask and him not having one? 

Now, according to the article he was at his front gate which means no longer running. So the police perceived him as being in public, and not vigorously exercising, without a mask and at the same time refusing to listen to reason because at that point they've heard every possible excuse for breaking the law?

Should have vigourously run away

I dont disagree with you. I'm sure they have heard and seen every excuse there is.

But, according to the article they were driving around looking for people to lock up. ?????

If he had been running, surely he would have shown some sort of signs of jsut having exercised .

I get it. They're damned if they do and damned if they dont.

It just that SA cops have a history of abusing power

This situation is so difficult to interpret. 

The one thing we do know is that the media will report in the most sensationalist way to get more clicks and views.

This situation is so difficult to interpret. 

The one thing we do know is that the media will report in the most sensationalist way to get more clicks and views.

Throughout the last 12 months we have seen time and again how "responsible factual reporting" was moved aside for sensationalist stories with click-bait-titles .....

Throughout the last 12 months we have seen time and again how "responsible factual reporting" was moved aside for sensationalist stories with click-bait-titles .....

lol

I was given a talking to by the boss last month because I took on a "journalist" on linkedin who added a sensation headline to an article about vehicle sales numbers instead of her writing about the positive side given the economic circumstances.

Whilst I tried to keep it very specific to the article she clearly had some large chips on her shoulders, went off the rocker a little and then called my boss to point him to posts.

Funny story. 2 weeks ago I went for a surf (legally) at Derde Steen.

I'm standing on my bakkie changing out of my wetsuit. Cop drives into the parking area and tells me to put on my mask. I explained to the nice man that I had just gotten out of the water and would do so as soon as I was out of my wetsuit.

Off he went.

People who ride E-bikes aren't really exercising and should not comment on an exercise thread.

jammer oom, ek sal in die hoek gaan sit ....  :ph34r: 

o-ja, tel dit darem as ek met die ou hardtail commute werk toe ....   :whistling: