Masks when riding

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So those are the only reasons you feel it is necessary to wear a mask?

To be honest, if I am riding on my own, i see no reason to wear a mask.

Strange thing is during the serious lockdown and on the few occasions I was fortunate enough to get called out to a site, wearing a mask was not a requirement. Now it is?

Yes I understand it is primarily to protect others, but let's face it if a tree falls in the woods and you are not there does it make a noise? Same thing with riding on your own with no one around is it needed?

'Compulsory' wearing of masks are not going to make any difference in South Africa...

Do you think the poorer communities are going to be wasting R30+ on a mask? Or will they just reuse old masks....swop masks amongst themselves. Are they going to wash it after every use and leave it in the sun? There are people all over in town this morning...its month end and hardly anyone has a mask on and not a single piglet in sight....

People are deluded....!

Why even vote in elections if your single vote won't make a difference?

And people still ask why we need rules to govern our every move ....

Rules only work if they apply to everyone. This lockdown has shown that they only apply to people with a fixed residence who are fearful of getting a criminal record.

I’ll elaborate on the point I was trying to make:

Modern day technology, supposedly introduced to make our lives easier, is also not immune to the problems we find ourselves in currently, causing said frustration.

BTW, why would I be hiding things? The password is there to protect things, like accessing banking apps, personal info, and accidental pockets calls.

Do you have one password for all apps, accounts and the like? I don’t, so the finger scanner or face recognition is more beneficial than trying to remember which password matches the relevant account.

The new iOS update has a function for face masks, instead of trying to facially unlock multiple times it now asks you right away if you want facial or password.

OR take the password lock off your phone because you are hiding things. Its simple. Go to SETTINGS and, Remove password

If you don't have a password or some sort of security on your phone you can't use most banking and payment apps.

If you don't have a password or some sort of security on your phone you can't use most banking and payment apps.

I know a few (very few) people that still have "cell-phones" ... the rest have pocket-offices that happen to also make calls ...

Between work email, banking, etc one is best advised to use some password .... I like the finger print ... though that is causing me some issues with gloves .... caught me off guard once, now I plan better ....  certainly a new world, and requires a mind shift in how we do things.

The new iOS update has a function for face masks, instead of trying to facially unlock multiple times it now asks you right away if you want facial or password.

Thanks, a Google search reveals it’s still in Beta (iOS 13.5), while my current version is 13.4.1.

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/04/29/apple-face-id-unlock-mask/amp/

https://www.darkreading.com/endpoint-security/apple-makes-it-easier-to-unlock-iphone-while-wearing-a-mask/d/d-id/1337714

I did find this attempt to workout it, but it’s not working despite many attempts. Strange that facial recognition works with sunglasses on but not a mask. First World problems, I guess.

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.thejakartapost.com/amp/life/2020/04/15/unlock-your-iphone-with-face-id-while-wearing-a-mask.html

OR take the password lock off your phone because you are hiding things. Its simple. Go to SETTINGS and, Remove password

Company phone... company safety measures...

'Compulsory' wearing of masks are not going to make any difference in South Africa...

Do you think the poorer communities are going to be wasting R30+ on a mask? Or will they just reuse old masks....swop masks amongst themselves. Are they going to wash it after every use and leave it in the sun? There are people all over in town this morning...its month end and hardly anyone has a mask on and not a single piglet in sight....

People are deluded....!

All I can say is .....TWAT

Because you may have COVID-19 and not know it. The point of you wearing a mask is – largely – to protect others. Plus you are compromising our temporary right to exercise outdoors.

Don't be selfish. 

You have it the wrong way around. Its a temporary removal of the right to exercise. And they are threatening to remove that right again.

See how brain washed you are already...?

Assume this thing is "airborne".

Some studies have confirmed it is not just transmitted by coughs and sneezing, but talking can also be enough to get an infectious dose across.

The guys from Sci-Show also share some very interesting differences between this and the 2002 SARS virus.

Please be more considerate to those around you and wear a mask, even if the idiots in your suburb don't seem to understand this.

Someone riding ahead of you might be presymptomatic and dosing the air with the virus. Now, a mask might be enough to prevent you from getting it. Or two days later when you are infectious but presymptomatic, a mask will protect those who ride after you from getting an infectious dose.

Nothing is 100% perfect in preventing this thing, but the plan right now is not to be perfect, it is to keep the transmission rate reasonably low.