Tour de France supplier Mavic placed in receivership

Mongoose!

I liked the look of their shoes but the toe box was to narrow so they never fitted.

Have a set of Open Pro rims on Hope hubs and probably best training wheels around.Just wish they’d make them a little wider.

I have found the Mavic wheels to be stiffer and better quality over the same priced Zipps.

Maybe if they stopped using retarded spokes that the suppliers never have and nipples that dont fall apart in 3 months they may make some money.

to be fair the retarded spokes seldom broke and hence Dragons seldom had to keep stock. Fugly helmets and R-Sys (arses) wheels were their biggest faux pas in more recent history.

2-pawl MTB hubs weren't too smart either but at least they were easily serviced in the field.

Mavic invented the boutique wheeset when everyone who wanted to build a decent wheelset had to base that wheel on a Mavic rim and either a Shimano, campagnolo or Chris King hubset.

I serviced a 20yr old set of Ksyrium just before ToGH. Waaaaaaay over 100,000km on them and the oke still uses them for training after I sold them to him 12 years ago. Good luck trying to change a spoke though as by now they're a permanent fixture