How does it happen?

BigDL

I’m confused. I’ve read OP post a few times now. He mentions Dual Sus and Road bike. What? That it? Only two bikes? What a noob. Hes YEARS away from needing to worry...

Ha - I have a third bike (brand new) that is an in between. For commuting and bike packing. Also sold my CX bike last week and my other road bike a few months back. So down to three now [emoji23]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the guys in our group (Roadies) is an obsessive rider without the obsession for cycling thingys. 

He rides Specialized with a Dura Ace groupset and pricey Shoes and Helmet. Yet he does not have a Strava account or use a cycling computer. He rides completely dataless and yet he rides more than anyone in the group. He has fancy things but then again he can afford it and likes riding in comfort. 

Another rider that rode with him in April said that he recorded just over 2000km's on Strava for the month. 

post-43518-0-13632400-1590024687_thumb.png

With Stravas new policy and the way I feel about cycling now I am more interested in getting out than clocking points and likes with the public. 

I have done a few solo rides without my Garmin last month and most peeps say, "if it isn't on Strava it didn't happen". mmm, like your mom and your dad doing the funky chicken 9 months before the day you were born. 

Just get out there and ride. If you need a carbon bike, get it. If you need power meters, get it.

If you just want to ride an MTB race in your tekkies and rugby shorts then by all means do it. 

SNIP

Just get out there and ride. If you need a carbon bike, get it. If you need power meters, get it.

If you just want to ride an MTB race in your tekkies and rugby shorts then by all means do it. 

To build on that

There is something really quite special in riding a lean mean, top-of-the-range racing machine working in the scene it was designed for, be it a full susser or a super light racing bike going up an incline.

And also, there is a rather fun feeling in pulling that old V-brake 26er out of the shed and just going for a ride around on it, makes me feel like a kid again.

Bikes are wonderfully weird machines that way.

.............Bikes are wonderfully weird machines that way.

Rocking up with a 40 year old steel bike, down tube shifters, 7 speed, side pull brakes........and comfortably hanging all day long with the carbon miracles. :thumbup: (Mostly just a dream of mine, but the old bike is really not the one to blame for it hardly ever turning into reality :blush: )