Titan Cypher Elite / Expert

Stephan

I'd be weary of over forking the bike. 130mm will probably be fine but at 120/120 it feels so planted.

More is not always better. I was going to try the bike at 130 as the Helm can change from 120 to 160 in 10mm increments in 5 minutes, but having ridden it 120/120 I just can't see it being better.

A proper trail fork like a Pike at 120mm and you have a weapon.

Cool, thanks. Ideally I'd like a fork I can try at 120 & 130. Titan say it can take a 120 or 130mm fork. Have you seen this review? https://bikenetwork.co.za/review-titan-racing-cypher-rs-elite-cypher-comp/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be weary of over forking the bike. 130mm will probably be fine but at 120/120 it feels so planted.

More is not always better. I was going to try the bike at 130 as the Helm can change from 120 to 160 in 10mm increments in 5 minutes, but having ridden it 120/120 I just can't see it being better.

A proper trail fork like a Pike at 120mm and you have a weapon.

Own the Elite myself, we'll have to have a Cypher gathering at some point. 

Spoke with the designer when I got mine, one of the things we discussed was the fork. Pretty much agreed that a 'racy' trail/enduro build a 34 stanchion 130mm fork would be ideal. 140mm at the absolute max.

I have a trail/enduro build in mind with one of the alloy models. Budget friendly, fast and fun. 

Own the Elite myself, we'll have to have a Cypher gathering at some point. 

Spoke with the designer when I got mine, one of the things we discussed was the fork. Pretty much agreed that a 'racy' trail/enduro build a 34 stanchion 130mm fork would be ideal. 140mm at the absolute max.

I have a trail/enduro build in mind with one of the alloy models. Budget friendly, fast and fun. 

A Cypher gathering would be rad.... Watching how everyone puts their bikes through it's paces would be really fun and really intriguing.

I might still try it at 130mm some time soon, but for now I'm enjoying it. I'm pretty sure my tinkering will start soon.

I hope not. I am currently content, which is rare 

Loving my 2020 Cypher Elite - apart from a shock issue (sorted under warranty) and the ubiquitous XT clutch issue (sorted now) - the bike has performed faultlessly for my needs. The value for money with Titan is hard to beat. I also love the reactions I get on the trails when people see how well specced(?) the bike is. 

• 9 months later...