CWC selling used components as new

Odin775

that is still usiness as usual. They just don't post the minutes on BikeHub anymore...

I know we are going off topic here ... but that whole situation where they got fined for price fixing .... so we pay more for Cool Heat products, then they get fined for this, and who do you think ends up paying long term for the fine ... I am sure "we" do.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are going off topic here ... but that whole situation where they got fined for price fixing .... so we pay more for Cool Heat products, then they get fined for this, and who do you think ends up paying long term for the fine ... I am sure "we" do.

Yep, and then the rand completely tanked and took with it any benefit that could have been had direct importing in small volumes..... I really dislike cool heat

Yep, and then the rand completely tanked and took with it any benefit that could have been had direct importing in small volumes..... I really dislike cool heat

Technically you can not even directly import Shimano from places like CRC ... never mind SRAM that is also out the picture.

I cannot understand why anyone would take their bike to a shop like CWC ( large, supermarket style) when there are so many great small shops out there with owner/mechanics you can actually talk to. Places like The Bike Park (Clint) or William' s Bike Shop ( William) and I'm sure there are many more. 

Technically you can not even directly import Shimano from places like CRC ... never mind SRAM that is also out the picture.

I'm glad you said "technically". There are ways, like global shopper etc, but the downside is you get taxed twice.....

I'm hoping a business trip to London in Feb next year still takes place..... planning on brining a suitcase full of goodies back from CRC that you can't officially buy through them in S.A. thanks to cool heat