Where are all the Hardtail Trail bikes

Saadiq Jacobs

It would depend on the frame and/or components to be honest, im putting some forward and rest is bday/christmas prezzie. 
Checked with trailtech, said they had nothing and not dealing internationally anymore.

Wouldn't want to go over the 8-9k range on the frame if possible, but also don't want to have to upgrade again in 6 months lol.

Edited by AkwA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AkwA said:

It would depend on the frame and/or components to be honest, im putting some forward and rest is bday/christmas prezzie. 
Checked with trailtech, said they had nothing and not dealing internationally anymore.

Wouldn't want to go over the 8-9k range on the frame if possible, but also don't want to have to upgrade again in 6 months lol.

Some reasonable priced options on CRC

27 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Some reasonable priced options on CRC

CRC as in chain reaction?
Is it worth importing?

3 minutes ago, AkwA said:

CRC as in chain reaction?
Is it worth importing?

Well, you are after a hard tail trail bike frame cheaper than the Rapide option but with modern trail Geometry?

I would say your only real life option is to import. 

I don't think you will find anything cheaper than that locally if you can find anything at all.

There are many many many threads on import duties etc...

Best to do a bit of homework yourself and see where you land up. The search function on the site reveals a decade of knowledge. 

Use that, check the pricing and do some maths.

If you are serious about getting a hardtail trail frame, I can tell you now that you will order one from CRC or PlanetX/On-one or Cotic (all imports) before you likely find stock at the bargain price locally. 

I assure you that the stock you are looking for doesn't exist. 

3 hours ago, AkwA said:

Hi all, know im resurrecting a pretty old thread.

Im looking for a 140mm or so hardtail, if anyone knows where I can find a frame or full bike (in this case ill just sell all the parts). M or L, would prefer M as I like a bit smaller bike. 

Currently on a Momsen STR, but its starting to get a bit sketchy with my 140mm fork, geo isn't designed for it and I was starting to bottom my 120 out, even with 3 volume spacers.

Would prefer 2nd hand, don't mind paint scratches at all, don't mind new though. I have looked at all the previous suppliers etc. previously mentioned on this thread and they all seem to be sold out or not importing anymore. 

Checked on the meta ht and after hardtailparty's review, wasn't too sold.

Thanks in advance.

If you can or want to buy new...

https://www.rapide.co.za/product/rapide-tigre-29-ht/

You can contact:

@Kiwi