Question about Lockdown Level 3

Joshua Langenhoven

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had family and friends driving in and out of cape town and the Overberg over the last few weeks and they haven't had any problems going through. I know it's not legal at the moment but there seems to be no road blocks.

As the Minister of Tourism said you can go and exercise ( hike ) in any Nature Reserve as long as it's in your province and between the hours of 6am and 6pm. Was during her speech on the 20th of May

No wonder confusion is the norm and most people just get on with their lives.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Still a bit confused after reading this. https://www.gov.za/coronavirus/faq

As it states only Equestrian may not be cross border. I presume they mean for competing but what makes a competition official?

The regulations relate to professional sports, as far as I understand it.  :unsure:

Thank you everyone for your responses. Still a bit confused after reading this. https://www.gov.za/coronavirus/faq

As it states only Equestrian may not be cross border. I presume they mean for competing but what makes a competition official?

If the event is sanctioned by a sporting body affiliated to the Olympic committee in your country its considered a professional and official sporting event. 

PPA sanctioned events are not considered under this regulation. MTB fun rides and stage races that are not affiliated to CSA and UCI are not considered official either.

Does anyone have any info on the opening of accommodation as mentioned in Cyril's speech? Can we start booking chalets in nature reserves?

Went hunting 2 weeks ago crossed border to northern cape, no issues just asked our drivers licence and off we went. Ditto for coming back

PS I need to drive accrocc three district borders for work next week. Certainly will require a letter from the Client, already have a file of documents from work and other clients.

That's weird. I drive across municipal/metro borders for work, and simply to get from home to the office, and I don't need a permit or a letter or a leopard print g-string, or anything fancy.

Edit: Even during the 3 hour limit and zone of death for training, I crossed metro borders on my bicycle with no issues.

Edited by TNT1

Does anyone have any info on the opening of accommodation as mentioned in Cyril's speech? Can we start booking chalets in nature reserves?

I think we're all waiting on that one, especially

Sanparks is getting ready to open, they are busy recalling staff, but will put staff through training under new protocols, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a June opening.

Sanparks is getting ready to open, they are busy recalling staff, but will put staff through training under new protocols, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a June opening.

as they are recalling staff they are also testing and having to close offices for decontamination...

That's weird. I drive across municipal/metro borders for work, and simply to get from home to the office, and I don't need a permit or a letter or a leopard print g-string, or anything fancy.

Edit: Even during the 3 hour limit and zone of death for training, I crossed metro borders on my bicycle with no issues.

Almost half our staff cross distric borders to get to our office. All of us cross district borders to work sites.

During level 4 we had to jump through hoops ... ended with files of certificates for various sites.

Many of our sites wont allow us onto their premises without us showing all the paperwork.

The "nice" part of driving to sites ... abide by the rules, or pay your own fines ....

Frankly, it is one email, and the client provides the paperwork. Simply no need to even risk a 0,1% chance of a roadblock ...

Because you might not be in a district. You might be covered by a Metro only.

https://municipalities.co.za/

Aslo because there is no common understanding of levels of geographical boundaries by most.

City of Johannesburg excludes the east rand, but if someone from the Cape asks a someone from the East rand that will likely say they live in 'Johannesburg'. Now go on Google maps, search Johannesburg, then search city of Johannesburg.

Aslo because there is no common understanding of levels of geographical boundaries by most.

City of Johannesburg excludes the east rand, but if someone from the Cape asks a someone from the East rand that will likely say they live in 'Johannesburg'. Now go on Google maps, search Johannesburg, then search city of Johannesburg.

Ahem...

We on the east are a proud people. We would never say we live in johannesburg.