FNB Warning

Mojoman

My old phone no longer worked...so I bought a new phone...sorted out banking app with ABSA, no problems there removing the old phone and adding in my new phone but there is an issue with FNB...

FNB wants to submit a validation code/QR to my old phone so I can use this to validate against the new phone...except the old phone doesn't work...so these thieves now want to charge me R300+ to validate the new phone? 

Anyone else had this issue? I can't believe this is actually acceptable and legal? I can't believe I cannot simply go to the bank and sort this out....with ABSA all I had to do was remove the old phone, answer a few questions and that was it....

Verbatim from FNB:

You need to make a payment of R300 and above from your Banking App profile and it will automatically verify itself after 7 days. RB

Incidentally its taken almost a week to get an answer on this....I guess that R300 doesn't go into customer service....!

Edited by Mojoman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually having an issue where I cannot remove old phones from my profile. Keep getting an error message when selecting a device to be removed.

My old phone no longer worked...so I bought a new phone...sorted out banking app with ABSA, no problems there removing the old phone and adding in my new phone but there is an issue with FNB...

FNB wants to submit a validation code/QR to my old phone so I can use this to validate against the new phone...except the old phone doesn't work...so these thieves now want to charge me R300+ to validate the new phone?

Anyone else had this issue? I can't believe this is actually acceptable and legal? I can't believe I cannot simply go to the bank and sort this out....with ABSA all I had to do was remove the old phone, answer a few questions and that was it....

Verbatim from FNB:

You need to make a payment of R300 and above from your Banking App profile and it will automatically verify itself after 7 days. RB

Incidentally its taken almost a week to get an answer on this....I guess that R300 doesn't go into customer service....!

Payment to a beneficiary. Not to the bank.

Payment to a beneficiary. Not to the bank.

Its my moms account and I've made numerous payments this month for her...well over the R300 mark...?

I wanted to add a new beneficiary for her and that's when I noticed the phone was not verified....

All other payments were made to pre-existing beneficiaries that basically receive the same payment amounts each month...

Its my moms account and I've made numerous payments this month for her...well over the R300 mark...?

I wanted to add a new beneficiary for her and that's when I noticed the phone was not verified....

All other payments were made to pre-existing beneficiaries that basically receive the same payment amounts each month...

How long has it been ? I had the same issue but after the required 7 days it was verified.

How long has it been ? I had the same issue but after the required 7 days it was verified.

Got the new phone about a month ago now....I will have to go into town and deal with a clown...

Can't wait..... :thumbup: 

Ja....luckily banks are awesome when it comes to customer service..... :devil:

From my experience the last couple of months they cant be worse than DSTV and Dept of Home Affairs

From my experience the last couple of months they cant be worse than DSTV and Dept of Home Affairs

Don't...home affairs is also on my list at some stage for a new ID and passport..... :mellow:

True but third place is still a medal and pretty impressive, it takes a really dedicated effort to reach those heights.

Don't...home affairs is also on my list at some stage for a new ID and passport..... :mellow:

At the moment you can't even apply for those due to lockdown. But when you can save yourself time , aggravation and stress and do the application online through the banks. We did it last year and was such a breeze.

Verbatim from FNB:

The payment is not to them you need to pay someone / anyone with an amount higher than R300. Payment is not to FNB

I'm actually having an issue where I cannot remove old phones from my profile. Keep getting an error message when selecting a device to be removed.

Phone the bank and they will removed it after all the security questions

Nope can not be an individual

Buy electricity or something like that