Watch out for Shae_SA

Niel1

must be poor i dont pay 2k for something without SKAINING it 1st .. too many untrustworthy people nowadays .. at least u didnt get had !

bought a frame on the hub years back without a proper once over .. cracked 2 days later .... oke was a ghost after sale .

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that's getting to me is his employer. OP says it's a LBS and I know which one it is since this Shae dude's FB profile says he works there. I feel very much like going to the shop and confronting the guy. 

Ducking and diving more than a SAA CA.. 

That will do the whole Bikehub a huge favour if you could get around to it. Just to make him understand that he isn't as anonymous as he thinks it is. Tell him to be Lekker, we don't take kindly to people that doesn't want to be Lekker.

Amazing the effectiveness of pitching at someone's door for a friendly chat. No yelling required. A calm tone is all that is needed/

Yeah, the guy seems like your run of the mill ****, that amount of lying to the op was next level, only steps behind a full blown scammer.

Im with you i don't buy the BS. I have done a lot of trading on forums, i suffer from depression and i have never given anyone the run around about an item. The money was returned so it ended well.

The only thing that's getting to me is his employer. OP says it's a LBS and I know which one it is since this Shae dude's FB profile says he works there. I feel very much like going to the shop and confronting the guy. 

Ducking and diving more than a SAA CA.. 

No win in doing that, he did right by the buyer and returned the money. I would BAN the account from the forum simple.

Sorry i have to disagree with your statement here.

Ja

But wait until one of your family members or friends is an addict or suffers from an anxiety issue or mental illness brought on by stress.

The best people will lie, cheat and paint themselves into corners, often with the best intentions.

I'm not defending this guy, just perhaps offering another avenue of thought as to how he got into the situation of being an ass in the first place.

I do believe he is accountable and needs to address his actions 100%. But I am also hugely aware of how the silent killer that is stress, anxiety and depression and how it effects people is so often overlooked and ignored.

IMHO a blatant scammer with no scruples or moral compass wouldn't pay back the money.

A sit down with him in person is a great idea though. Do it. If you both stay calm and can broach the subjects in an objective manner, maybe you can both get something out of it. Be it closure, a straight answer or him realising he is behaving like a box and people won't stand for it. 

If he is a straight up bad guy scammer and continues to do it, then you tried. Go to his boss, tell him he is employing a criminal and you can sleep soundly knowing you have done the world a service.

A godd old chat seems to indicate a win win win situation. Better than speculating here on the forums

I bought an item from a bike shop which apparently had very little use and was almost like new according to them. The item was well worn, Damaged beyond their pictures and explanations and clearly was not almost new.

It was usable since I could repair it although that was not part of the deal. It was a hard to find item and repairable so I kept the item but I wont trade with the said individual or that shop again. But it does make me hot under the collar and leaves an aftertaste...

must be poor i dont pay 2k for something without SKAINING it 1st .. too many untrustworthy people nowadays .. at least u didnt get had !

bought a frame on the hub years back without a proper once over .. cracked 2 days later .... oke was a ghost after sale .

I bought a PM a few weeks back without seeing it. As I already had one of the same brand, I knew what to ask for, to ensure that it was in working condition. Monday night I enquired, by the Friday I did a test ride to confirm it was a bargain deal.

Ja

But wait until one of your family members or friends is an addict or suffers from an anxiety issue or mental illness brought on by stress.

The best people will lie, cheat and paint themselves into corners, often with the best intentions.

I'm not defending this guy, just perhaps offering another avenue of thought as to how he got into the situation of being an ass in the first place.

I do believe he is accountable and needs to address his actions 100%. But I am also hugely aware of how the silent killer that is stress, anxiety and depression and how it effects people is so often overlooked and ignored.

IMHO a blatant scammer with no scruples or moral compass wouldn't pay back the money.

A sit down with him in person is a great idea though. Do it. If you both stay calm and can broach the subjects in an objective manner, maybe you can both get something out of it. Be it closure, a straight answer or him realising he is behaving like a box and people won't stand for it. 

If he is a straight up bad guy scammer and continues to do it, then you tried. Go to his boss, tell him he is employing a criminal and you can sleep soundly knowing you have done the world a service.

A godd old chat seems to indicate a win win win situation. Better than speculating here on the forums

My father has been diagnosed with MS, it comes with depression, anxiety and all kinds of stress.

I am on a plethora of medications for Manic depression, i suffer from anxiety and i have to take tranqs that would put an elephant down.

Please dont talk to me about depression and anxiety. I am willing to introduce you to my support group and friends that suffer and perhaps you will have a better understanding regarding all of these matters.

Im not attacking you im just laying out facts that people that are depressed dont try screw other people over, instead they will insure you get your item ASAP as the avoid anxiety rather than cause more by creating a *** situation for yourself.

Yeah maybe a sit down with the guy would be great to get behind what the real problem is.

You mentioned being an addict as well, this i can get behind because addicts do stupid **** i have dealt with a fair share of that as well in my life whether friends or family i have been on both sides.

My father has been diagnosed with MS, it comes with depression, anxiety and all kinds of stress.

I am on a plethora of medications for Manic depression, i suffer from anxiety and i have to take tranqs that would put an elephant down.

Please dont talk to me about depression and anxiety. I am willing to introduce you to my support group and friends that suffer and perhaps you will have a better understanding regarding all of these matters.

Im not attacking you im just laying out facts that people that are depressed dont try screw other people over, instead they will insure you get your item ASAP as the avoid anxiety rather than cause more by creating a *** situation for yourself.

Yeah maybe a sit down with the guy would be great to get behind what the real problem is.

You mentioned being an addict as well, this i can get behind because addicts do stupid **** i have dealt with a fair share of that as well in my life whether friends or family i have been on both sides.

I have too dude and while your experiences point one way, I have dealt with, lived with, supported and continue to assist people/friends/family members suffering from various anxiety/depression illnesses that behave EXACTLY like the guy in question.

So while you have your experiences, I have mine. 

The same thing effects people differently. It doesn't make one or the other more or less correct.

Anyway, I'm out. 

Sit down with the guy. If you know where he is, who he is etc... give him a chance to come clean. If he persists then burn him.

I have too dude and while your experiences point one way, I have dealt with, lived with, supported and continue to assist people/friends/family members suffering from various anxiety/depression illnesses that behave EXACTLY like the guy in question.

So while you have your experiences, I have mine. 

The same thing effects people differently. It doesn't make one or the other more or less correct.

Anyway, I'm out. 

Sit down with the guy. If you know where he is, who he is etc... give him a chance to come clean. If he persists then burn him.

Good luck to you