Watch out for Shae_SA

Niel1

Pretty much the idea that I got from this guy... I even phoned him at work this morning just to ask him to explain the entire story... He apologized, but no explanation to all the weird stories he, clearly, made up.

Just having seen people close to me go down that rabbit hole, the whole story just points to manic depression.

He probably needs a heap of help to turn those mountains back into mole hills and stop living in survival mode quaking with fear at every sound.

He likely can't even remember half of the dialogue. I remember the doctor describing someone in that sort of state as a tape recorder with the play and record buttons pressed down and the little knobs turning, but with no tape inside.

I could be entirely wrong but I can't see a scammer paying back your money after receiving it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE ON THE STORY:

Shae_SA is willing to sort everything out (on his way to the courier now). He is also willing to ship the bike to me and let me pay once I receive the bike and I'm happy with everything.

I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe this can end in a positive story after all.

Unfortunately same story again.

Was going to take the bike to courier Monday morning, then after asking him he says he'll take it during his lunch... And then no reply after I asked him of the bike has been send or not...

DEFINITELY NOT A SCAMMER, but an extremely confusing/difficult guy to deal with...

No deal.

Unfortunately same story again.

Was going to take the bike to courier Monday morning, then after asking him he says he'll take it during his lunch... And then no reply after I asked him of the bike has been send or not...

DEFINITELY NOT A SCAMMER, but an extremely confusing/difficult guy to deal with...

No deal.

If you got your money back, sounds like best to look elsewhere for a new bike.  

Same have bought a number of bikes on hub with good experiences but lately it seems like alot of the guys are horrible at communicating I reakon communication is just as good as the sale have had 3bad experiences from 2hubbers with good reviews fork was send but had stantion wear reply is to bad its voetstoots my problem been trying for weeks to get carbon wheels sorted that were both cracked it's frustrating that you gota be more and more careful even of some of the guys with good reviews.

Same have bought a number of bikes on hub with good experiences but lately it seems like alot of the guys are horrible at communicating I reakon communication is just as good as the sale have had 3bad experiences from 2hubbers with good reviews fork was send but had stantion wear reply is to bad its voetstoots my problem been trying for weeks to get carbon wheels sorted that were both cracked it's frustrating that you gota be more and more careful even of some of the guys with good reviews.

Rate them appropriately

• 3 weeks later...

Completely understand man. I guess I "trusted" him as he works as a sales guy at a cycling shop. I don't want to mention the name of the shop because it would be negative exposure for the shop, and they have nothing to do with the transaction. Like I've said, multiple lessons learned from this.

Some People are just useless...cant imagine how they get through life !!

• 2 months later...

I think I'm dealing with this guy now. Trying to buy a TT bike from him but his communication is poor to say the least. 

Claims he wants to sell it ASAP, but for someone who wants to sell it so quickly he really isn't making effort. Wondering whether I should just tell him to FO, no deal, or whether I should be more patient to see how it pans out.. I think he changed his alias.

I have also bought a few bikes and bits without seeing them.... Only ever had hassle once and it was minor.

I do always ask for pictures etc etc to try to cover myself. Usually state 'I've been burned before so just want to make sure'.... Guys are pretty understanding OR they get weird which means the plug is pulled.

These sorts of things suck. You might find he is actually legit but is depressed and weird in the current situation and is backing himself into holes. I've seen it happen when guys with the best intention land up looking terrible because they are too depressed to box and ship stuff.

Organising that/picking up a box and calling the courier/visiting the postnet are just steps that used to be easy but are now leaps that the guys just can't get their heads around.

Paying back your money is at least an honest end to the story and could be done from his/her lounge with little fuss.

Dunno, people are all in a mess at the moment and mental health has been hugely affected by the times and is often overlooked.

Pretty typical symptoms and reactions described

Sorry i have to disagree with your statement here.

Sorry i have to disagree with your statement here.

Yeah, the guy seems like your run of the mill ****, that amount of lying to the op was next level, only steps behind a full blown scammer.

Yeah, the guy seems like your run of the mill ****, that amount of lying to the op was next level, only steps behind a full blown scammer.

The only thing that's getting to me is his employer. OP says it's a LBS and I know which one it is since this Shae dude's FB profile says he works there. I feel very much like going to the shop and confronting the guy. 

Ducking and diving more than a SAA CA.. 

I think I'm dealing with this guy now. Trying to buy a TT bike from him but his communication is poor to say the least.

Claims he wants to sell it ASAP, but for someone who wants to sell it so quickly he really isn't making effort. Wondering whether I should just tell him to FO, no deal, or whether I should be more patient to see how it pans out.. I think he changed his alias.

Shae_SA doesn’t have a name change showing on his profile.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/user/153201-shae-sa/