New iOS dropped? (iOS14)

Cois

Update: my CarPlay worked just fine today thankfully so that’s a relief.

I did have to open the music app to read the what is new blurb before that worked.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a but in iOS14

Check the time and the widgets time. The widget is way out for some reason

a83c56d6ad3bdbf39562dbb75a785b2d.jpg

I’m having battery issues with my 6s since the upgrade.

6S is going to struggle with most updates. What is your battery level? Edited by BigDL

6S is old tech boss.

that I know.

Stuck a new battery in in October to push its longevity a little longer.

Started looking at upgrading 3 months ago, but the only deals I like are instore only at i-store, and everytime I go there there is a queue outside. So just have not upgraded yet.

I realise this is probably the last software update that will support my phone.

that I know.

Stuck a new battery in in October to push its longevity a little longer.

Started looking at upgrading 3 months ago, but the only deals I like are instore only at i-store, and everytime I go there there is a queue outside. So just have not upgraded yet.

I realise this is probably the last software update that will support my phone.

Ja. Even though I am in the business, it pains me to buy a new phone every two years. I do get issued with a phone but it’s the oldest model that we manufacture at the time of issue (iPhone 6), so I ended up buying a phone a while back. Will probably get three years out of my current phone though (XR).

I've always inherited the wife's old phone when she upgraded her contract, until her 14-month old iPhone 8 was stolen out her bag at the movies (Q2 2019). She then bought a used iPhone 6 to see out her contract and upgraded to the XR.

She then sold the 6 to try recover the extra cost the stolen phone cost her, leaving me with my 6 I had before - which performs a worse than Roglic did on stage 20.

IMO, the Discovery Bank iPhone benefit wasn't worth it, so I decided to bite my anti-contract bullet and got the latest model - the entry level 11. That will hopefully cover me for 4 years, and then I'll decide if I take the wife's used phone or go new again. Looking back now, I would have scored big time on the iPhone benefit with Discovery... but I'm still happy I didn't sign up as it would have meant increasing my credit limit, which I dislike more than a contract.

I've always inherited the wife's old phone when she upgraded her contract, until her 14-month old iPhone 8 was stolen out her bag at the movies (Q2 2019). She then bought a used iPhone 6 to see out her contract and upgraded to the XR.

She then sold the 6 to try recover the extra cost the stolen phone cost her, leaving me with my 6 I had before - which performs a worse than Roglic did on stage 20.

IMO, the Discovery Bank iPhone benefit wasn't worth it, so I decided to bite my anti-contract bullet and got the latest model - the entry level 11. That will hopefully cover me for 4 years, and then I'll decide if I take the wife's used phone or go new again. Looking back now, I would have scored big time on the iPhone benefit with Discovery... but I'm still happy I didn't sign up as it would have meant increasing my credit limit, which I dislike more than a contract.

My problem is I’ve been on a month to month contract with no device for so long and paying so little that now the cost of going to contract with device is making me ill.

I’d love an 11 but will land up with an SE

My problem is I’ve been on a month to month contract with no device for so long and paying so little that now the cost of going to contract with device is making me ill.

I had the same dilemma. I looked at it as financing the phone over 24 months, with the added 500MB data and 50 mins airtime. I now use the data while driving or riding, as I'm on wi-fi at work and home, so don't really need much more data than that.

Maybe wait for the iPhone 12 to release. I hope the price on the 11 will drop enough that I can get it on a new contract.

I do not want to get a new contract, but my Wife still has the 1st iPhone SE and want to give me XR to her to use.

I gave her the SE after I had it for two years. And that was maybe two years ago

The 11 is a thing of beauty and wonder.

I suppose, if you break down how much time and use you get out of your phone, and cost it per hour or something similar, then you get a better idea of whether a more expensive phone is value for money or not.

I had the same dilemma. I looked at it as financing the phone over 24 months, with the added 500MB data and 50 mins airtime. I now use the data while driving or riding, as I'm on wi-fi at work and home, so don't really need much more data than that.

Its the same way I see it, but when you have to go from paying R400 per month for 2 contracts to double or tripple that for just one contract it eats into the already tight budget. And I need to upgrade mine and the wifes phone.

Granted she doesnt need as fancy a phone, but if you're going to upgrade it may as well be to a phone that will still be current in 4 years plus.

The 11 is a thing of beauty and wonder.

I suppose, if you break down how much time and use you get out of your phone, and cost it per hour or something similar, then you get a better idea of whether a more expensive phone is value for money or not.

11 IS an thing of beauty, but then my 6s still does everything I need, the only things I have against it right now are battery life, camera and speed. Oh and the fact that it wont be supported at the next software upgrade.

then there is also the size, I love the size of my 6s, fits into my pockets nicely, anything bugger wont.

the fact that it wont be supported at the next software upgrade.

that bit is what made me decide to upgrade to the best I could afford. This must now last me until the 11 is no longer supported. Then I’ll repeat the process again. So while I’m paying R799 for 24 months, I’ll only be paying for data and airtime thereafter. I buy 2Gb at a time and it lasts up to 4 months (MTN data4keeps).

There are cheaper options out there, but I prefer iOS to Android... personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...

My phone yesterday notified me of iOS 14.1.

Downloaded it last night. So I take it the iPhone 12 was released in non Sh*thole (as per Trump) countries...