Chased with a cattle prod

nathrix

I love the way just because there is no sign, we assume it is open land and we can do as we please and ride through. Go have a look at the portal in the link below, you can see all the farm and ERF boundaries for our beautiful country, there is not much open land, someone owns it, be it municipal, private, government or tribal, generally someone owns it. Even the parts under informal settlements, some poor bugger owns that.

We are all so quick to get defensive of tresspassing in our homes, but the reality is if you are not on a public road you are on land someone/entity owns. The few tracts of unalienated state land are tiny and pointless like river beds, even the land under our dams is accounted for.

https://csg.esri-southafrica.com/portal/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=34ec3dcf8d8642bb9ed7f795cbfe8faf 

Agreed someone owns it and it is more than likely the guy now stopping us , fact remains it is a popular throughfare that he is now wanting to stop  ( within his rights to to be fair) the map may get us closer to a meeting with him and come to an amicable solution rather than the current conflict 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gentleman’s name is Daniel.

Apparently quads and offroad bikes are riding there willy nilly and swear at him.

The major problem what i could gather is hijacking syndicates operating there, they are active on the N14 and using his farm to get on it using the land as quick access and off the highway as an escape route.

Edited by nathrix

The gentleman’s name is Daniel.

Apparently quads and offroad bikes are riding there willy nilly and swear at him.

The major problem what i could gather is hijacking syndicates operating there, they are active on the N14 and using his farm to get on it using the land as quick access and off the highway as an escape route.

Thats understandable..where I live quads and off roaders are a pain in the ass. Ripping up all the dirt roads, donutting and dicking about and  riding down any path/servitude they see....

Thats understandable..where I live quads and off roaders are a pain in the ass. Ripping up all the dirt roads, donutting and dicking about and  riding down any path/servitude they see....

A lot of previously places to ride in my area are being blocked/barricaded because of idiots on quads and off-road motorbikes.  Just yesterday in a field a guy on a bike came from behind at a moerse speed and passed barely a meter on my left, I almost fell my arse off.

A lot of previously places to ride in my area are being blocked/barricaded because of idiots on quads and off-road motorbikes.  Just yesterday in a field a guy on a bike came from behind at a moerse speed and passed barely a meter on my left, I almost fell my arse off.

This is the *** in my area as well which forces me to go do a park ride. The OR Tambo and RTT loops closed due to MX guys.

I was sworn at and threatened this weekend for just riding on dirt roads at the plots in my area which i feel is unfair im on a bicycle not something powered by a motor riding down fences and ****. The dirt okes really give us a bad name because they have to power on the bikes to just speed away. Good on the gent for protecting his land due to syndicates operating off there, i hope he gets it sorted and can perhaps come to an agreement with the cycling community.

Meter or so seems reasonable. Try riding on the road sometime.

Also, if this thread has taught me anything, it is that you need to tell us what colour the motorbike rider was for your post to count.

Meter or so seems reasonable. Try riding on the road sometime.

Also, if this thread has taught me anything, it is that you need to tell us what colour the motorbike rider was for your post to count.

The C was white, so does my post count now ...    :clap:

PS, I stay away from the road as far as physically possible, this being one of the reasons, besides MTB is so much more fun.

Edited by Theog