Pure Savage

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the increased virus numbers in South Africa (especially the outer lying areas in the Western Cape) and the resumption of lockdowns across most of Europe and parts of the US, is anyone else getting a little concerned that the event permits for the DC might be withdrawn?

No not concerned.

firstly the European knee jerk to a storm in a teacup cannot happen here unless the government wants to destroy the economy completely. Maybe a few idiots would like a feudal system to be implemented but most seem to know their bread and caviar comes from foreign money, you know the white and brown people they hate so much.

secondly our increases in numbers are nowhere near the 4000 per day required to justify a knee jerk over a storm in a teacup

With the increased virus numbers in South Africa (especially the outer lying areas in the Western Cape) and the resumption of lockdowns across most of Europe and parts of the US, is anyone else getting a little concerned that the event permits for the DC might be withdrawn?

Our economy won't cope with another lockdown, It will be tosup of no more country with 50 million people dying of hunger/kiling for food  or few extra deaths from covid.

I cannot even see people following the rules again if lockdown happens, people need to eat and actually don't give a **** anymroe.

I cannot even see people following the rules again if lockdown happens, people need to eat and actually don't give a **** anymroe.

The same for 9/10 people soaking up the sun on Camps Bay beach yesterday as we cycled through ...

I think this is the reality of entering events in 2020 and probably 2021 as well, the risk that the virus can come and interrupt your plans is something you have to live with. A lot can change in 3 weeks.

Our economy won't cope with another lockdown, It will be tosup of no more country with 50 million people dying of hunger/kiling for food  or few extra deaths from covid.

I don't think we would move to another full lockdown with the economic impact that would have but just wonder if there could be a move to revoke approval given for sporting events like the DC and others.

We were all made aware of the risks of securing an entry and I am really looking forward to it but just wondering if our government might take a leaf out of the European governments books the way they are currently taking action.

I don't think we would move to another full lockdown with the economic impact that would have but just wonder if there could be a move to revoke approval given for sporting events like the DC and others.

We were all made aware of the risks of securing an entry and I am really looking forward to it but just wondering if our government might take a leaf out of the European governments books the way they are currently taking action.

Doubt government would risk banning rugby and soccer again.  not like it stopped any soccer events actually ..

But if they do again .. Then I can see one massive PPA "group ride" split into 150 small groups happening on the 21st.

Cant sit on a desk chair yet and discovery are taking their sweet time with my claim so no bike yet, otherwise ok. 

Kit is on track and new helmets :)

Cant sit on a desk chair yet and discovery are taking their sweet time with my claim so no bike yet, otherwise ok. 

can't you get a loan ? I've got a spare bike if you need, just no race wheels for it

can't you get a loan ? I've got a spare bike if you need, just no race wheels for it

Have a spare bike, would like to ride on the new bike though.