Pure Savage

What kind of gearing would be acceptable for the DC, my last one was 2015 so cannot really remember. I have a 53-39 and 11-25. must I change to a 11-28

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of gearing would be acceptable for the DC, my last one was 2015 so cannot really remember. I have a 53-39 and 11-25. must I change to a 11-28

11-28

or 11-30

Why do you need an easier gear? I'd run a corn cob 11-23.... There aren't any hills

Don't know if that's entirely accurate ... LOL

But probably nothing to warrant any significant changes to usual gearing.

I think suggestions of change are just to have an extra gear to accommodate fatigue toward the end and getting over the dollies. :)

Why do you need an easier gear? I'd run a corn cob 11-23.... There aren't any hills

As i said rode this a couple of years back, not sure the passes how steep they are and those bulte at the end. Then the one on will be fine. 39 and 25  at golden gate with the Maluti DBL90 was a killer. 

I was just stirring.

I doubt you will need to change anything though. If you have prepared well, those last few rollers are big blade stuff.

11-28 is greedy on a course like this. 11-30 is just plain 'I'm here for the beers afterwards'....  :ph34r:

I was just stirring.

I doubt you will need to change anything though. If you have prepared well, those last few rollers are big blade stuff.

11-28 is greedy on a course like this. 11-30 is just plain 'I'm here for the beers afterwards'....  :ph34r:

Trying to remember the correct gearing for the “beers during” mode

change the bike to the Specialized Aethos, that will get you over :w00t:

Trying to remember the correct gearing for the “beers during” mode

Single speed and flats to walk... :D

I was hoping you'd run a fixie honestly...

I've actually been trying to put together a 'Hipster' bike polo team for years... Old steel SS/fixies, flannel, cup off jeans, aviator sunglasses, topsport helmets.... 

I can't find 11 (now 9) other people who would be keen. I'd do it at the drop of a hat and then also try to go fast. 

If this tickles anyone's fancy we should perhaps try to get sorted for 2021.

Before anyone asks, team BMX will probably not happen....... but never say never if. If enough people are keen, I'm game for either!

I've actually been trying to put together a 'Hipster' bike polo team for years... Old steel SS/fixies, flannel, cup off jeans, aviator sunglasses, topsport helmets.... 

I can't find 11 (now 9) other people who would be keen. I'd do it at the drop of a hat and then also try to go fast. 

If this tickles anyone's fancy we should perhaps try to get sorted for 2021.

Before anyone asks, team BMX will probably not happen....... but never say never if. If enough people are keen, I'm game for either!

Happy to join, but my road fixie is >13kg, so won't be fast by any means...Longest i've done on it was 50km MTB race... sure DC will be easier.... 

Edited by Karman de Lange