So who has seen this? Rapport Toer/Tour 2021 Paarl

mecheng89

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Why is it a reason not to enter?

The first change was a rebranding attempt by Rapport.
Their requirements dictated postponements and ultimately cancellation.

The latest change is the organisers going back to a locally focused event that actually can still be held this year without Rapport on-board.

Unless you have issues with Wynand / Hectic, then I think it's quite commendable that they got this offering on the table.

I have done a few of his events and it was generally decently organised with some hiccups here and there, one that was cancelled I got a complete refund. So not completely adverse about doing one of his events again.

My peeve is that he is not always honest & transparent with his clients, often a stuff up/late fix/change will be marketed to us in flowery speak as an improvement when it very obviously isn't.

I don't buy the story that the Rapport tour was cancelled due to covid, especially now with an alternative being organised for December right when the 4th wave is expected.

That said I think there is a big need for a proper multi-day road tour us amateurs can take part in, especially one involving our scenic passes like Du Toitskloof/Franschoek/Bainskloof and he is the only oke who is at least taking a stab at it (even though his latest offering only includes one of the passes)

I'm not going to take part but I'm holding thumbs he can pull it off and that his event will be successful, I like the idea of hosting it in December, really miss the old Stellenbosch Cycle Tour a week of 2 after the DC.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic