So who has seen this? Rapport Toer/Tour 2021 Paarl

mecheng89

42 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

you lost me at 'beliefs'

and therein lies the rub. Belief is enough for an AV to not get vaccinated. "right of Admission Reserved" is a very contestable position. Under Lock Down regulations one can be excluded from entry to premises if you are Covid + on the grounds of Public Health. Excluding someone on grounds of vaccination stance and whether its been administered would be on very shaky ground outside of Lock down regulations. i.e. normality.

So does that mean the populace is supportive of continued lock down ad infinitum?

Or does the SA Bill of Rights get amended and we force vaccination and make people carry vaccination passports

Sounds very Revelation doesn't it....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vac passport or not means nothing if government locks us down in levels where we can’t do anything.We will totally Cock it up for ourselves.

Went out for dinner with wife the other night,first time in a while.Pub across the road from Restuarant was pumping probably at 130% capacity.Not a care in the world.Most patrons completely pissed.For the first time ever I zero sympathy for the alcohol trade.

Takes only a few idiots to get our asses thrown back into lockdown 

22 minutes ago, babse said:

keep on track otherwise this thread will be last seen...

I too really hope someone puts their hands up to make this tour happen for locals... man that final day TT up Signal Hill will be special

I was really looking forward to this event. ToGH was brilliant for the roadies. The New Rapport Tour reviving the old Giro Del Capo. would have been a highlight of Lifecycle Week.

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I was really looking forward to this event. ToGH was brilliant for the roadies. The New Rapport Tour reviving the old Giro Del Capo. would have been a highlight of Lifecycle Week.

I haven't done one in any form or flavour. Really was my main goal for 2022. ????

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

and therein lies the rub. Belief is enough for an AV to not get vaccinated. "right of Admission Reserved" is a very contestable position. Under Lock Down regulations one can be excluded from entry to premises if you are Covid + on the grounds of Public Health. Excluding someone on grounds of vaccination stance and whether its been administered would be on very shaky ground outside of Lock down regulations. i.e. normality.

So does that mean the populace is supportive of continued lock down ad infinitum?

Or does the SA Bill of Rights get amended and we force vaccination and make people carry vaccination passports

Sounds very Revelation doesn't it....

Right of admission is only 'shaky' because it is seldom enforced. Currently you cannot enter most places without a mask. This will just change to vax passport.

Whether we are in a state of emergency or not, shops, events, churches etc run privately can definitely choose who they admit and who they do not as long as the reason is visible and does not involve ethnicity or religion etc... Much like one cannot enter a bank on the phone or with a helmet on or walk through some airports with a hat on.

AVs can go to shops, events etc where they are welcome. If it comes down to beliefs, then it would be like arriving to a mosque on a friday between 12 and 2 with a yarmulke on, Tanakh in hand with your wife dressed in a bikini and wonder why you aren't welcome or allowed access.

In times of quick societal changes and adjustments, maybe the 'new normal' will involve an 'us and them' scenario where centres, gyms, buildings etc declare their policy and we don't mingle. AVs can all maim and kill each other with measles, polio and covid and the rest of the world can carry on.

Something has to give. Society can't keep going round in circles to panda to a bunch of idiots or fanatics

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Right of admission is only 'shaky' because it is seldom enforced. Currently you cannot enter most places without a mask. This will just change to vax passport.

Whether we are in a state of emergency or not, shops, events, churches etc run privately can definitely choose who they admit and who they do not as long as the reason is visible and does not involve ethnicity or religion etc... Much like one cannot enter a bank on the phone or with a helmet on or walk through some airports with a hat on.

AVs can go to shops, events etc where they are welcome. If it comes down to beliefs, then it would be like arriving to a mosque on a friday between 12 and 2 with a yarmulke on, Tanakh in hand with your wife dressed in a bikini and wonder why you aren't welcome or allowed access.

In times of quick societal changes and adjustments, maybe the 'new normal' will involve an 'us and them' scenario where centres, gyms, buildings etc declare their policy and we don't mingle. AVs can all maim and kill each other with measles, polio and covid and the rest of the world can carry on.

Something has to give. Society can't keep going round in circles to panda to a bunch of idiots or fanatics

In some ways this reminds of the late 90's ....

There was a time when people smoked in buildings and offices ....

Some seriously hot "debates" in the late 90's ....

Some people still smoke .... but not in offices.

I do expect many more "hot debates" .... but life carries on, and if it is for work, a holiday, etc, more and more people will get the shot.

For now .... I choose to associate with those that take basic and obvious steps to reduce their risk profile, vaccination being one step on this journey.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Chapeau.

14 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Right of Admission is only enforcable in very limited circumstances in SA. The International Section of an Airport is not South Africa, international air travel law applies.

Currently you cannot enter most premises without a mask UNDER DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT. This is enforceable.

There are no laws that currently make Covid-19 vaccination compulsory anywhere in SA so throwing Right of Admission on the table could be viewed as discriminatory even in a sporting event. You can use that to prevent entry at your business but then you'd have to employ a gaaat at the door checking vac passports etc. How are you going to police it? 

Like I said its going to be an interesting ride over the next 24months as these debates evolve. What is better to have contracted Covid-19 and survived or not had it but vaccinated? The outcome is the same,   large degree of immunity from reinfection. SARS-COV19 says, hold my beer while I mutate and there goes your vaccine and your clientele. 

I feel like I'm at Wimbledon as a spectator at a tennis final. Anti-vac is down 1 set and Pro vac  thinks they've got this while the umpire is about to call for new balls

What is certain though is that no Pandas were harmed during the testing of the Pfizer vaccine

55 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Right of Admission is only enforcable in very limited circumstances in SA. The International Section of an Airport is not South Africa, international air travel law applies.

Currently you cannot enter most premises without a mask UNDER DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT. This is enforceable.

There are no laws that currently make Covid-19 vaccination compulsory anywhere in SA so throwing Right of Admission on the table could be viewed as discriminatory even in a sporting event. You can use that to prevent entry at your business but then you'd have to employ a gaaat at the door checking vac passports etc. How are you going to police it? 

Like I said its going to be an interesting ride over the next 24months as these debates evolve. What is better to have contracted Covid-19 and survived or not had it but vaccinated? The outcome is the same,   large degree of immunity from reinfection. SARS-COV19 says, hold my beer while I mutate and there goes your vaccine and your clientele. 

I feel like I'm at Wimbledon as a spectator at a tennis final. Anti-vac is down 1 set and Pro vac  thinks they've got this while the umpire is about to call for new balls

What is certain though is that no Pandas were harmed during the testing of the Pfizer vaccine

I disagree... If it's written into your policy then it is easy to enforce.

As someone who rents out property I have many, many 'Right of admission reserved' policies in place. One agrees to them while booking. I have had people removed from said properties for not adhering to the policies many times.

It is only 'dodgy' if it is not communicated or is not enforced as a blanket policy. One cannot pick and choose when to enforce it or only communicate it after the fact.

Under any circumstances, lock down or not. 

I'm wholly discriminatory towards AV's. I definitely won't have unvaccinated people in my apartments going forward. I can write it into my policies, just like one cannot check in without presenting a valid hard copy of their ID or have pets, or have parties. 

If the correct procedures are followed it will be easy and like presenting your ID at the bank/traffic dep etc will become a part of life for a while

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

it's more like 6-0, 6-0 and 5-0 in the 3rd with pro vacc serving for the match on 40-0

Back to the topic at hand.
I feel like the titel sponsors often focus on what big names are participating, where in reality the problem is getting decent coverage and getting fans involved and viewership up. Look at WorldTour ladies racing. Amazing performances and thrilling racing, and so often you have to fight to find a stream for the final 30km. ????
Our local racers are fully capable of putting up a show. Give them a platform and hype it up and you can get good ROI.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, bleedToWin said:

Rapport's involvement came from pre-Covid. The goal was always to attract legitimate international riders. I'm guessing they feel that will still not really be possible March 2022 and they are not interested in doing a low-key tour for the local pros.

guessing here on possibilities.

A)ct trust holds a semi successful argus in october, they go ahead with march 2022 argus

B)grandstanding hold a semi successful cape epic on october, they go ahead with a march 2022 epic

from this, racing people learn that if they want nice things, they need to follow some guidelines. It worked at TdF twice now, and an olympics without any major issues.

If this is the case, I see a possibility for a rapport tour/giro del capo type stage race. obviously the smart thing is to dovetail it with these two events and that will get your top cyclists in. there won't be any UCI points just yet.

36 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

guessing here on possibilities.

A)ct trust holds a semi successful argus in october, they go ahead with march 2022 argus

B)grandstanding hold a semi successful cape epic on october, they go ahead with a march 2022 epic

from this, racing people learn that if they want nice things, they need to follow some guidelines. It worked at TdF twice now, and an olympics without any major issues.

If this is the case, I see a possibility for a rapport tour/giro del capo type stage race. obviously the smart thing is to dovetail it with these two events and that will get your top cyclists in. there won't be any UCI points just yet.

god man CAPITALS!!! #learnhowtousethem

The biggie is the current red listing of SA as a Delta virus hotspot. Rest of the world should catch up by March year or is there going to be an Epsilon Variant .........or maybe just skip it for the (more catchy and easier for anti-vaccers to pronounce) Zeta variant.

All the planning is so dependent on which variant is spreading and where. For pro teams to commit resources to little events in Cape Town in March (start of the European road race and MTB seasons) will be a huge risk.

Lets see if the MTB community sends any of its International Professional Teams to the Cape Epic. Hopefully the back end of Wave 3 is over by then.

I can't see why a Rapport Tour for locals can't go ahead unless maybe its the cost thing. The Pro teams pay a lot more for entries and therefore cover more of the cost of the event than an individual. Maybe the concept is stillborn because there just isn't an international market at the moment?

There's always the TUV Nord Cyclopaths Tour in September (if its going ahead?)

28 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I can't see why a Rapport Tour for locals can't go ahead unless maybe its the cost thing. The Pro teams pay a lot more for entries and therefore cover more of the cost of the event than an individual. Maybe the concept is stillborn because there just isn't an international market at the moment?

I think Rapport was planning to not only comp entries but also cough up for accommodation for some pro conti teams...