Need Counselling

Plentipotential

My wife and housekeeper were tied up during a house robbery. Anyone have a recommendation for a good trauma counselor in the Bedfordview/Edenvale area. Thanks.

This is terrible to read. Trauma counselling is imperative. I can't help with that, and I hope someone with local knowledge will be able to assist. In the interim.. Do as much as you can to secure your house further to provide some further sense of security for your wife and housekeeper

Sorry to hear man, and close to home in a way as we live closeish to each other. At the end of last year there was a family in my suburb that were also held up. People were talking about it on the whatsapp group and in their situation the security company organised someone to talk to them. Maybe you can contact your local security companies or if you have one maybe they can assist.

All the best.

Holly crap. Never a nice thing to go through.

I know we bemoan SAPS, but did they not send anyone out?

We had a similar incident two years ago. Armed robbery. Domestic and gardener tied up.

After cops arrived, next to arrive was the trauma counsellor, before forensics and co.

Alternatively, your insurers should also be able to arrange as it should be covered under your policy

I'm assuming this happened in your absence? Even if you weren't physically there while it happened don't shrug off the need for therapy yourself. You could end up torturing yourself over this for quite some time. And there's a strong possibility it could affect your health as well. Remember you can't be there for them if you don't take care of yourself too. All the best my bru. 

So sorry to hear this Plenti! I'm going to echo Popcorn in that you should definitely be a part of any therapy sessions that you get organized. It'll serve as you showing your wife and domestic the support they need from you but will also give you an avenue to get the help you need to deal with it as well.

Best of luck with the search dude!

I'm assuming this happened in your absence? Even if you weren't physically there while it happened don't shrug off the need for therapy yourself. You could end up torturing yourself over this for quite some time. And there's a strong possibility it could affect your health as well. Remember you can't be there for them if you don't take care of yourself too. All the best my bru. 

My wife and housekeeper were there, tied up but not injured.

Holly crap. Never a nice thing to go through.

I know we bemoan SAPS, but did they not send anyone out? There's a joke. I had to go and fetch them from the police station, not in my vehicle. When I told them it was a robbery they looked disinterested. Once I mentioned a gun was missing there was some action. Later that evening the ipad popped up on findmyipad and I had to beg them to follow me to Wynberg to the location, a pawn shop which was closed, they never returned the following morning. Safety and security in this country is an illusion. They chopped my safe out of the wall with picks!

We had a similar incident two years ago. Armed robbery. Domestic and gardener tied up.

After cops arrived, next to arrive was the trauma counsellor, before forensics and co.

Alternatively, your insurers should also be able to arrange as it should be covered under your policy

Edited by Plentipotential

So sorry about this! Good that you're enquiring on counselling - it's imperative. 

Besides the personal referrals you get, assuming you have medical, perhaps also check with them.  

Suggest you go for a session or two as well.