Dual Suspension 26er or hard tail 29er for Sani2c?

rashaaad y d 11

Normally I would insist 29er. But there is a lot to say for going with the bike you trained on and is comfortable on and familiar with. Golden rule is to never try out new equipment on your big race if you can avoid it

All i read was “ i have become so lazy, soft and weak in 2-3 years riding a squishy bike that i forgot what a bicycle felt like...”

????????????

/comic sans/ - maybe.... lol

Old age is not for sissies ????. I used to love my HT and swore by it, but eversince I had the herniation in my lower back the bumps kills me ????

ride the bike you're used to...  sani2c isn't super hard, but by the sounds of it you will be in the saddle for 13+ hours.  It's a long time to be on a new bike that doesn't have a tried and tested setup

Definitely the 29er hardtail.

Sani2C is very manicured.

If you just run your tyres not too hard (soft enough for comfort and grip) you will be fine. Most people have their tyres way too hard.

On a hardtail it is important to not do so as your tyres will absorb a lot of the bumpy stuff.

Good luck and the most important advice is to enjoy it! Sani2C is epic and well organised.