Shimano spares

KochAroacH

Does anyone know the best way to get Shimano spares in South Africa?

Inspecting a squeak coming from my rear derailleur led me to find a stripped screw whole on the inner plate of the pulley cage. It's for a 5800 11 speed Shimano 105, I think the same part is used on the 6800/6870 Ultegra series. I have a Shimano part number Y5XH08000 and have been able to find the part from international stores but the EUR 40 shipping on a EUR 10 part doesn't make much sense...

shimano doesnt make spares . have to get another of the same as donor parts .. or buy new.

edit -- maybe they do nowadays but before they didnt afaik ..

Edited by ThePubSA

shimano doesnt make spares . have to get another of the same as donor parts .. or buy new.

Shimano make loads of spares....Cool Heat though don't bother bringing most to RSA from what I have found or been told by various shop owners.

Thanks for the help - I have tried phoning Cool Heat to no answer. 

With shipping the total price is £56 on sjscycles. 

Seems like best option may be the replacement...

Thanks for the help - I have tried phoning Cool Heat to no answer. 

With shipping the total price is £56 on sjscycles. 

Seems like best option may be the replacement...

Over R1k? I'd definitely look for a good used one.

Shimano make loads of spares....Cool Heat though don't bother bringing most to RSA from what I have found or been told by various shop owners.

i just buy 2nd hand for donor parts .. no time for spares shops or buy new easy as that.

Comes out at R120 if anyone is interested. 

thats interesting. 

Nobody I spoke to could be bothered sourcing me one. So I landed up making a McGyver Plan with a longer bolt and nut.

I'll keep this in mind, I want to replace the plate but even R120 at this time is a problem for me.

If you search the forum there is a thread on here about my repair

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/186296-shimano-rd-5800-retap-or-new-derailleur/

Edited by ouzo