DIY carbon spraypaint

Zeffer

Spray painting is like driving a forklift.

In theory it is easy, and with a bit of thought and being careful most people can do it and get okay results.

But to get great results consistently, one has to do it every day.

So it can be done, and it will probably be a very satisfying project, but just realise that the pros ask what they do, because they are good at it.

Absolute respect for those doing DIY spray jobs !!

I have "coated" a few welding projects ... enough to know I am going to stuff up a frame ....

Bucket list item for me ... to be able to spray properly ....

I don't know hey, operating a forklift is easier than getting perfect spray painting results.

Definitely, but don't think you are going to get into a forklift for the first time, and offload a Pallet worth 1,4 million and not go back and forth a few times while trying to squint past the tower while a half decent operator next to you will be offloading at three times the speed.

Same with spraying, it usually takes me half a day to get a result on something that I am happy with on something that I don't care about. So I'm pretty sure that I will practice on something cheap and nasty until I'm happy before I attempt to spray a bike frame that I want to be seen with.

Definitely, but don't think you are going to get into a forklift for the first time, and offload a Pallet worth 1,4 million and not go back and forth a few times while trying to squint past the tower while a half decent operator next to you will be offloading at three times the speed.

Same with spraying, it usually takes me half a day to get a result on something that I am happy with on something that I don't care about. So I'm pretty sure that I will practice on something cheap and nasty until I'm happy before I attempt to spray a bike frame that I want to be seen with.

Stacked wine barrel cradles to the ceiling - which is nerve wrecking and mentally draining the first time, but I'd rather do that than spray a whole kitchen's panels again without a professional setup/spray booth. 

dxkcxdjbtruaqzr.jpg

• 1 month later...

As was said before. Prep is everything. The other thing is to take your time and be patient. I have sprayed a lot of things in my life and my biggest challenge is waiting for the paint to dry/cure. I want to jump in there and start flatting too quickly.

It is always advisable to wear a mask but a proper respirator is essential when you are spraying 2K. The paint suppliers have ones that can take screw on filters that are fairly priced.

Good luck and post some pics of the results.