Chain suck

Chrisjvv

Awesome. Then I’ll keep the praxis crank.

Going to get the chain replaced today, hope it solves my problem.

Please explain what problem the free hub should have to cause chain suck that I can look out for that problem

As Diesel says, another issue could be the dust seal isn't clicked back in place properly.

So if you remove the rear wheel, does the cassette spin freely or is there a little bit of resistance?

Then press the end cap down and see if it's still spinning freely with a bit of side load.

I don't see the chainrings being the problem after 1000km. It's more of a 'my left shoulder hurts and I'm short of breath' scenario.... There is nothing wrong with your shoulder or your lungs, you're having a heart attack!

I would take it to a bike shop. A reputable work shop one. That way, if it isn't fixed properly you can say 'hang on nelly, you said you fixed it' as opposed to live in constant frustration until you wreck your BB/chain stay

I had the same issue. My problem came down to two things:

1. I used clean green to clean my chain. For some reason unbeknownst to me clean green seems to clean a chain on the outside, but it is as if the gunky stuff on the inside still remains and becomes clayish. I have now switched to paraffin and have no issues. This was only part of the issue.

2. My freebody needed replacing. It was not totally shot but contributed to the issue.

The above two sorted my problem.

also check your jockey wheels on rear derailleur, if one of them are stiff you can also have problems, been there done that, found it by accident.

Did u clean or replace?

replaced the jockey wheels

after i bought XT front and rear shifters, derailleurs, cluster and chain.

on the day i decided to replace sram with xt, as at that time i was deeply gatvol and could not find the problem, i fortunately started with the rear derailleur, and upon removal of the chain i came across the problem, i replaced the jockey wheels on the sram, since they were beyond cleaning, and subsequently do a regular clean, but have not had problems since, and it has been a couple of years now.

replaced the jockey wheels

after i bought XT front and rear shifters, derailleurs, cluster and chain.

on the day i decided to replace sram with xt, as at that time i was deeply gatvol and could not find the problem, i fortunately started with the rear derailleur, and upon removal of the chain i came across the problem, i replaced the jockey wheels on the sram, since they were beyond cleaning, and subsequently do a regular clean, but have not had problems since, and it has been a couple of years now.

I experienced a similar problem and its also a sram jockey wheel...never experienced rhis with Shimano but maybe im lucky. Im thinking of replacing these with some ceramic bearing jockey wheels, maybe that will last longer.