Runner vs Cyclist

Nancy Drew

Woohoo' date=' looks like we're going to have freezing temperatures & snow in Rhodes for the weekend.

[/quote']

Runner vs Cyclist   ?????

Hey Ian, I think the Gangsta's a bit lost ....... Confused

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a motorist, motorcyclist, cyclist and runner I use the road according to the "might is right" rule.

When in a car - all trucks/buses have right of way. When on a motorbike all cars/trucks/buses etc have right of way. When on a bicycle cars/trucks/ buses/motorbikes have right of way. When on foot everything has right of way.

The law be damned - I give way to anything that has the capacity to damage/maim/kill me. Methinks I would look silly standing in front of St. Peter saying "but I had a light on AND had right of way!!!".

Better alive than indignant and dead I say.

Woohoo' date=' looks like we're going to have freezing temperatures & snow in Rhodes for the weekend.

[/quote']

Runner vs Cyclist   ?????

Hey Ian, I think the Gangsta's a bit lost ....... Confused

LOL LOL

[Runner Hat On]

The 20th Rhodes Trail Run will be staged on Saturday, 12th July 2008.

20080708_015118_rhodes-2002-h.jpg

[/Runner Hat Off]

[Cyclist Hat On]

Spud, yes. There is a 50 odd Km MTB race in and around Rhodes. Never done it but I'm told its pretty tough.

[Cyclist Hat Off]

BB & IanJ - happy now Wink

LOL

Thuggie but then it would be:

Runner & Cyclist

When you coming back? You're team needs you, even bringing in ringers now. LOL It's also very embarrasing to get beaten up a hill by a girl.

Sorry, my eyesight ain't as good as it once was. Big%20smile

Hehe, with the new additions I'm sure "my" team are coping admirably. We just have to ensure they get awarded the points they are due. Wink

Are you planning your revenge on Carla for Thursday ? LOL

Geez! respect for the dude in the shorts in the snow! that guy must have round twins of steel!

Hey IanJ/Gangsta - you oke's get beaten by girl runners/cyclists Ouch LOL

Um Yes but then so would you be if it was Joanna Hotchkiss, I think she weighs about 18kg with her bike.  Embarrassed

Hey IanJ/Gangsta - you oke's get beaten by girl runners/cyclists Ouch LOL

Um Yes but then so would you be if it was Joanna Hotchkiss' date=' I think she weighs about 18kg with her bike.  Embarrassed

[/quote']

Uuhhhmm was intended sarcastically since I have been beaten by many girls mate Ouch and many were not even that light ............... LOL

That's over my 18 years of running (Comrades included), Triathlons/Duathlons (10 * Iron Man including a silver) as well as cyling! In fact when I got a silver at Iron Man I was even beaten by girls .....

Being a motorist' date=' motorcyclist, cyclist and runner I use the road according to the "might is right" rule.

When in a car - all trucks/buses have right of way. When on a motorbike all cars/trucks/buses etc have right of way. When on a bicycle cars/trucks/ buses/motorbikes have right of way. When on foot everything has right of way.

The law be damned - I give way to anything that has the capacity to damage/maim/kill me. Methinks I would look silly standing in front of St. Peter saying "but I had a light on AND had right of way!!!".

Better alive than indignant and dead I say.
[/quote']

I either completely agree with you or else completely disagree:

- as a "softer" target, you _should_ be more aware;

- as a "harder" target you should be more aware of "softer" targets. In the

Netherlands they crucify any motorist who hits a cyclist or pedestrian and

then hang out the remains to be picked at by the crows. As a motorist you

are so aware of them you give them such a wide berth you land up in the

North Sea.

The "I'm bigger so f*ck the rest" attitude is what is causing so many deaths

and injuries on the roads. We need to change it to "I'm bigger, so I need to

be more careful"...

Uuhhhmm was intended sarcastically since I have been beaten by many girls mate Ouch and many were not even that light ............... LOL

Don't be sarcastic. Ian's deeply hurt about this one. He didn't even

wait for me at the top - and it wasn't even Thursday morning!!! Cry

Sorry IanJ didn't realise it was so fresh ......... Wink

haha, was this going up Silvas Pass this morning ? Thought he was referring to Northcliff.

Sorry IanJ didn't realise it was so fresh ......... Wink

Not a problem, I can deal with it. I think she even beat epoh up one climb at the Panorama Tour.

Yes Thug up Sylvia's pass, she wasn't that far ahead though.

IanJ2008-07-08 03:14:14

The "I'm bigger so f*ck the rest" attitude is what is causing so many deaths

and injuries on the roads. We need to change it to "I'm bigger' date=' so I need to

be more careful"...

[/quote']

Precisely. Its a culture problem in SA with children seeing the way their parents behave when driving so they end up behaving the same. When I was in the US I knew several South Africans who got 6 month license confiscation due to driving in the same selfish way they do in SA in the US.