Any generic 12 speed XD cassettes that is worthwile???

austin06

Not sure if it will help, but after watching this vid all was sorted. The big thing is the position of the derailleur on the small gear and then the gap setting.

oh and not to pull the cable tight when installing.

Shimano user

Thanks for all the advice. Not my first rodeo with setting up gears though. 

This cassette just does not work for me. I've tried just about everything.

Interesting that so many of you have had bad experiences with Sunrace.

I've had two 11sp 11/46 cassettes on my previous bike running with an XT derailleur and my wife currently runs the 12sp 11/50 Sunrace with SRAM GX derailleur. None have ever posed an issue.

The 9 - 11sp HG cassettes are fine - not as good as higher end Shimano or SRAM, but 90% of the way there.

The XD compatible ones are not. Fit issues, shifting issues, and not cheap enough to justify the added hack.

Thanks for all the advice. Not my first rodeo with setting up gears though. 

This cassette just does not work for me. I've tried just about everything.

Also not a Sunrace fan, chuck it and get a Shimano or Garbaruk (if you can find locally).

Edited by TheoG

Also not a Sunrace fan, chuck it and get a Shimano or Garbaruk (if you can find locally).

Garbaruk does an HG version which is fantastic news for me. No need for a new freehub. 

Maybe a group buy is on the cards to save a bit on shipping. 

Garbaruk does an HG version which is fantastic news for me. No need for a new freehub. 

Maybe a group buy is on the cards to save a bit on shipping. 

Yes they do all (HG, XD and Microspline).  I am contemplating buying a 12 sp microspline cassette.

You must physically see their cassettes, it is a work of art.  With the exception of only the largest cog (which is Al), the rest is machined from one single block of high quality steel.  It is also lighter than top of the range Shimano and Sram.

Edited by TheoG

Look...been running Sunrace 11 speed cassettes for years now, give or take 5 years and 3 cassettes. Shifting has never been an issue with my M8000 rear mech and the cassette. Only issue I have thus far encountered is the mass.

The Box 11 speed cassette is a re-branded Sunrace after all, and not too much whining about. Ppl in cycling are a lil brand b4k.

Recently switched to an XG1199 cassette as I picked up one for dirt cheap in good used condition (10-42 and 272g on scale compared to mu Sunrace 11-46 at 480g)...Honestly, my brain can notice no difference in shifting quality.

Edited by Thermophage

My 29" came with a 11 spd Sunrace, I got rid of it as quickly as possible.

I can't answer to the 12 speed Sunrace cassettes.

But I do have an 11spd 11-46 sunrace (black sprockets & red spider) on my anthem and it works excellently. No problem with shifts at all. It far beat out the old Shimano 11-42 that came with my bike, in terms of shift gaps and gear range.