Missing Link Needs Your Help

Thermophage

Okay, just to be clear who the troll is, you posted about another trail but for some reason started your usual rant about Tokai. I know exactly what you're talking about  - you want big rocks and gnar and somehow Tokai falls short of your needs. Go ride elsewhere then but your negativity is tiresome, especially from someone who doesn't support because its seemingly against his principles but will still make use of the facilities . Just remember, someone else paid for those tracks you sometimes deign to ride :-)

Yes, I mentioned Tokai as Meez seemingly trolled me. I have a short fuse for that kind of *** unfortunately..

Pity SanParks takes all the Activity Permit money.

"you want big rocks and gnar" - no, bye bye. Just showing your complete lack of understanding as to what constitutes difficult riding, but hey people who don't pay (for good reason as above) can't complain mos ;)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I mentioned Tokai as Meez seemingly trolled me. I have a short fuse for that kind of *** unfortunately..

Pity SanParks takes all the Activity Permit money.

"you want big rocks and gnar" - no, bye bye. Just showing your complete lack of understanding as to what constitutes difficult riding, but hey people who don't pay (for good reason as above) can't complain mos ;)

"Good reasons" Lol. Ya you really should not look a gift horse in the mouth  - there's a lot of truth in that old saying, apparently lost on you. 

Can I ask why the constant need and request for support on a government, sanparks owned trail?

These entities should be giving money, dort or man power to assist with a tourist attraction and please dont tell me its a government institution and money is not forthcoming etc. That argument has been slinged for years and I dont get it. I see it work in other places even tho it is a slow process. Even on Sanparks website it is stated as such

Where is the money spent?
  • TMNP is part of SANParks, a national organisation which manages 21 National Parks around the country and whose primary mandate is conservation. Income that the Park generates is used to fund the conservation of the mountain chain from Table Mountain to Cape Point, including invasive alien plant clearing, fire management, veld rehabilitation and soil erosion programmes. The contributions made by the Activity Cards toward sustaining our National Park forms part of this system. TMNP is 24 000 hectares and the funds currently utilised for veld infrastructure, conservation and management, which includes cycle tracks, is far in excess of the money raised by the activity permit system.

https://www.sanparks.org/parks/table_mountain/tourism/access-cards-permits.php

"Good reasons" Lol. Ya you really should not look a gift horse in the mouth  - there's a lot of truth in that old saying, apparently lost on you. 

Apparently

well having ridden it recently they will need to fill in some rocky bits in the odd place.

But I reckon it's more about how sandy and loos baby headdy some areas have become that needs remedying. OR...to finish up the link to the other side. That's all speculation though. I'm not involved with Table Mountain Bikers or whoever is running it.

Hopefully not the ppl in charge of smoothing over Tokai of late though. Spoke to an oke who's been riding Tokai since the 80's and even he was wondering why Snakes have been smoothed over so much of late too :(

Or you were trilling :P

Indeed i was trolling!

Damn... Can't find that "that escalated quickly" meme

Sorry all. I brought out that old rusty hammers trying to get through the even more solid brick wall.

Indeed i was trolling!

Damn... Can't find that "that escalated quickly" meme

Sorry all. I brought out that old rusty hammers trying to get through the even more solid brick wall.

Bietch  :lol:

How's Rushdee's hand by the way?

Can I ask why the constant need and request for support on a government, sanparks owned trail?

These entities should be giving money, dort or man power to assist with a tourist attraction and please dont tell me its a government institution and money is not forthcoming etc. That argument has been slinged for years and I dont get it. I see it work in other places even tho it is a slow process. Even on Sanparks website it is stated as such

• TMNP is part of SANParks, a national organisation which manages 21 National Parks around the country and whose primary mandate is conservation. Income that the Park generates is used to fund the conservation of the mountain chain from Table Mountain to Cape Point, including invasive alien plant clearing, fire management, veld rehabilitation and soil erosion programmes. The contributions made by the Activity Cards toward sustaining our National Park forms part of this system. TMNP is 24 000 hectares and the funds currently utilised for veld infrastructure, conservation and management, which includes cycle tracks, is far in excess of the money raised by the activity permit system.

Ah dude, we've been (trying to anyway) lobbying for years for them to contribute 10cents even towards path maintenance from the climbing side etc.

I am sure TokaiMTB get the same answer...go away there's no money.

But essentially the problem is TMNP is actually SanParks, so any income TMNP gets  (i.e. Activity Permits) actually goes to SanParks who decide how to spend it (based on requests and needs from individual parks within the broader SanParks).

I.e. A miniscule amount of our activity permit money (nobody has as yet to my knowledge been forthcoming) goes back to any mountain bike trail maintenance.

https://www.climbing.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84320&t=23281

Edited by Thermophage

Why don't you get off your bum and go ask SANP why they don't and come back here and tell us all the result of your research. If they tell you they will and do support trail  building for mountain bikers this will be an amazing development and you will have assisted the trail building at Tokai and indeed around the whole park. 

In the meantime, continue enjoying the trails you refuse to support and paid for by hundreds of other stupid people who fail to get your impeccable logic.  

Why don't you get off your bum and go ask SANP why they don't and come back here and tell us all the result of your research. If they tell you they will and do support trail  building for mountain bikers this will be an amazing development and you will have assisted the trail building at Tokai and indeed around the whole park. 

In the meantime, continue enjoying the trails you refuse to support and paid for by hundreds of other stupid people who fail to get your impeccable logic.  

I do not refuse to support. I have stopped supporting!!

You are extremely defensive and aggressive. I dont need to listen your crap. Enjoy you day

You are extremely defensive and aggressive. I dont need to listen your crap. Enjoy you day

You too dude. Sorry if you're offended by my bluntness. 

this has worked for me in the past

post-8906-0-07668900-1615205577_thumb.jpg

Bietch  :lol:

How's Rushdee's hand by the way?

he's not doing too bad, doesn't want to ride with us anymore. so says he's going running instead...

he's not doing too bad, doesn't want to ride with us anymore. so says he's going running instead...

Hahaha the bugger. He can rally a bike when he wants to mos!

Trail running is damn good fun too though :)

this has worked for me in the past

Naa, thats not the case.

This whole join the club to boost numbers for the total members thing keeps getting thrown in.

Then the do you support/donate to trail building is a bit old. Last time threads got deleted around these discussions. Also TokaiMTB has sponsors, so I still dont get the constant need of requesting members of the public to contribute towards the trails that Sanparks are already doing. If TokaiMTB club dont like it, then they must leave. Stop bashing people about what they do and contribute and using "their" facilities. It is government property!