Website update gremlins

28 minutes ago, Meezo said:

image.png.7e20d2bf6608d44fd4e74b91e2ef031e.png

ok, so i went in, and initially nothing clicked unread i had a notification from 59 weeks ago that i never read. clicked it and now its gone. so doesn't appear to be an issue except it was fine until last night or until the release mentioned.

Ok, that’s working as expected then… but any old “new” chat notifications will be a bit disconcerting.

We’ve had a lot of feedback around it being too easy to miss a message. The idea is to show unread message count more prominently to prevent that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stumbled upon an interesting gremlin ....

An event was loaded under the "Wes Kaap" area.

NOPE !!!!

The filters only recognise the Ingelse provinces. :P

PS - I have asked the Modermakers to assist.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Stumbled upon an interesting gremlin ....

An event was loaded under the "Wes Kaap" area.

NOPE !!!!

The filters only recognise the Ingelse provinces. :P

PS - I have asked the Modermakers to assist.

.. just don’t ask what they do during lunchtime!😂

38 minutes ago, betaboy said:

.. just don’t ask what they do during lunchtime!😂

Dit IS die Moederstad vir n goeie rede 👍

Alles vat 9 maande 😉

Not sure this translates the true feeling .... but here goes ...

This is the Mother city for a reason.

Everything takes 9 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Admins 

First time posting in the forum, so not sure who it works. Just something I picked up which is pretty frustrating. When one searches for wheels on bikehub it takes ages to find the correct ad because there is no filter where you can switch between boost and non boost wheels. Don't know if I am the only one, but would be nice if there is a function to filter them. Like in the fork section 😊 Thank you

10 hours ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Hi Admins 

First time posting in the forum, so not sure who it works. Just something I picked up which is pretty frustrating. When one searches for wheels on bikehub it takes ages to find the correct ad because there is no filter where you can switch between boost and non boost wheels. Don't know if I am the only one, but would be nice if there is a function to filter them. Like in the fork section 😊 Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

I'll chat to the team on Monday to see what we can do for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me not come from the left wing and "klap everyone from a dizzy height" my gripes and issues with this platform has been mentioned multiple times and I can for the life of me not understand how it can be this difficult to resolve basic coding problems. O wait, I am also in IT and work with devs on a daily basis and know how difficult it is to sort out issues without a proper backlog and or structure. So here's my olive branch again: Adimins / Owners if you need assistance in resolving this crap then reach out. There's a crap ton of folks on here who's in the IT field and who'll be willing to fix the stuff correctly. 

I am at a point where I am looking to delete my profile because the platform just does has too many lines of bad code that cause it to misbehave. 

3 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Let me not come from the left wing and "klap everyone from a dizzy height" my gripes and issues with this platform has been mentioned multiple times and I can for the life of me not understand how it can be this difficult to resolve basic coding problems. O wait, I am also in IT and work with devs on a daily basis and know how difficult it is to sort out issues without a proper backlog and or structure. So here's my olive branch again: Adimins / Owners if you need assistance in resolving this crap then reach out. There's a crap ton of folks on here who's in the IT field and who'll be willing to fix the stuff correctly. 

I am at a point where I am looking to delete my profile because the platform just does has too many lines of bad code that cause it to misbehave. 

Evening @RobertWhitehead, ok so instead of a klap you come in from the left wing hurling insults at our team. How to make friends and fast track your support requests.

You mentioned in October last year that the platform was “extremely buggy”. At the time I asked for further info in order to address, but no such feedback has been forthcoming. 

We have a well managed and prioritized backlog, but without useful feedback, tickets to match your list of gripes simply can’t be created.

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Evening @RobertWhitehead, ok so instead of a klap you come in from the left wing hurling insults at our team. How to make friends and fast track your support requests.

You mentioned in October last year that the platform was “extremely buggy”. At the time I asked for further info in order to address, but no such feedback has been forthcoming. 

We have a well managed and prioritized backlog, but without useful feedback, tickets to match your list of gripes simply can’t be created.

And the attached is not considered as legitimate bugs or valid backlog items? I went through the hassle of typing out all of these bugs along with a video of my findings and this has been captured or logged in your backlog? These fixes has not been resolved and this mail was sent directly after the first mail. Granted, my list of issues mentioned in the screenshot may not be earth shattering or may cause the platform to fall over but it is really really frustrating to me (the user). 

if my list of items are captured onto the backlog then at least install a Zendesk type system to give me an indication of how long it will take to resolve. Creating a thread for users to list bugs is great but it is a flat sheet where information can easily get lost. 

Screenshot_20240224_200306_Gmail.jpg

15 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

And the attached is not considered as legitimate bugs or valid backlog items? I went through the hassle of typing out all of these bugs along with a video of my findings and this has been captured or logged in your backlog? These fixes has not been resolved and this mail was sent directly after the first mail. Granted, my list of issues mentioned in the screenshot may not be earth shattering or may cause the platform to fall over but it is really really frustrating to me (the user). 

if my list of items are captured onto the backlog then at least install a Zendesk type system to give me an indication of how long it will take to resolve. Creating a thread for users to list bugs is great but it is a flat sheet where information can easily get lost. 

Screenshot_20240224_200306_Gmail.jpg

Hi Robert

I did discuss your concerns in the email above with the team. A number of them have been worked on. The rest I felt were not a priority in the context of our other plans.

Are the Chat keyboard and pagination issues still a problem for you? I seem to remember that you use Brave on your phone? It's not a browser that we do any testing on, so it'd be good to know. We overhauled the whole Chat feature, since your email above. You might have noticed that it is a lot faster this year. I recall that parts of the work specifically tackled the Chat problems you were experiencing.

Although not a priority, the favourites ordering is a 30 second fix that we can pop into the next sprint.

You're welcome to report the forum related bugs to our forum platform here. Matt is regularly threatening to migrate the forums to another (more modern) platform, so maybe he'll convince us (and himself) to go through this schlep in the nearish future.

Between Intercom and the forum threads, I feel that we do fairly well at keeping track of bug reports.

I use the Now-Next-Later framework for roadmaps. But I fear you're looking for more precision than that for ticket tracking.

If any of this a dealer breaker, let me know so I can proceed with the account deletion. 

Morning

Odd issue started this morning. All adds I have ever favourited are suddenly under my favourites, regardless if they’ve expired or been deleted/sold. Rather irritating since they aren’t pushed back if they’ve been sold so I have no idea what’s available or not. 

1 hour ago, Scott roy said:

Morning

Odd issue started this morning. All adds I have ever favourited are suddenly under my favourites, regardless if they’ve expired or been deleted/sold. Rather irritating since they aren’t pushed back if they’ve been sold so I have no idea what’s available or not. 

Apologies, fixed now