Formula Cura Brakes

Berg Man

I'm looking to upgrade my brakes on my Scott Spark. Does anyone know where I can buy a set of Formula Cura in black? Most online sites come up as Out of Stock.

1 hour ago, Hamstring said:

don't do it, iv had them for 4 years and still don't like them. but each to there own.

Why torture yourself like this 

1 hour ago, Berg Man said:

I'm looking to upgrade my brakes on my Scott Spark. Does anyone know where I can buy a set of Formula Cura in black? Most online sites come up as Out of Stock.

Thanks Chad for notifying me.

Sadly the Cura's have been out of stock for some time with an ETA on our next shipment some time away still. Several months I'm afraid. 

Sorry we couldn't be of any help! 

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Why torture yourself like this 

Agreed, just brake the bond and move on....bleeding like this is not going stop how you feel about or modulate how you feel about them. Lever them and get something else, I am sure someone will purchase them and this will Cura your problem

Joke Reaction GIF by Travis

38 minutes ago, MarcHD said:

Thanks Chad for notifying me.

Sadly the Cura's have been out of stock for some time with an ETA on our next shipment some time away still. Several months I'm afraid. 

Sorry we couldn't be of any help! 

rotors?

2 hours ago, Hamstring said:

don't do it, iv had them for 4 years and still don't like them. but each to there own.

Sell them to Berg Man, he'll appreciate them.

Great brakes, good power, well priced, reliable and well supported. If I didn't have a perfectly good set of Codes I'd be running Curas for sure.

Thanks for the response all. I've done some research on them and they seem to be good brakes, but the feedback here seems mixed.

For what it's worth, I had Hope Tech 3 E4 before, but they don't fit on the Spark due to the position they fit on at the back. Therefore I need a slimmer setup for the back. I also like the fact that the Cura runs mineral oil.

Shimano brakes are not an option as there is no stock anywhere at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, Berg Man said:

Thanks for the response all. I've done some research on them and they seem to be good brakes, but the feedback here seems mixed.

For what it's worth, I had Hope Tech 3 E4 before, but they don't fit on the Spark due to the position they fit on at the back. Therefore I need a slimmer setup for the back. I also like the fact that the Cura runs mineral oil.

Best wishes with the brake hunt, and Hope whatever you settle on does not brake the bank...........

Bad Pun GIFs | Tenor

My only experience with Cura's was on a mates DH bike in the Alps and they made the Saint's I was running on my bike feel like rim brakes in the wet. SUPER power in an amazingly small package.

When the Shimano's on my Jeffsy go to the other place I'll get Cura's for sure.

Not sure what the problem was for the chap who who said don't there for the Cura's but my experience with the 3 pot version has been great. Very strong brakes. Like any product they have to e installed properly and then bled of all air to get the best performance. Once this is done they're trouble free.

13 hours ago, MarcHD said:

Rotors are thankfully still in stock and can be found here:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/formula-1-piece-rotor/

Or through any dealer of your choice - happy to get in touch with them on your behalf

Chris at BikePark Uitsig did have them on back order for me but he may have forgotten

1 hour ago, Berg Man said:

The best I can offer right now is to suggest inputting your email address in our automatic in stock notification system, that way you will be notified once our next shipment lands. 

Alternatively I can back order for you and inform you ahead of time of any and all changes to the delivery date. 

Sadly it will be some time before we receive stock again however