What are some good budget enduro clipless pedals

Veshanp

Hi everyone , I'm looking for some clipless pedals that won't break the bank. Iv seen some DMR ones and Crankbrothers but they are all above R3000

I'm used to Shimano type of pedals anyone have any idea of some good budget ones?

2 minutes ago, droo said:

Shimano ME-700 are a good budget option. Shimano bombproof with a bit of a platform

image.jpeg.7a7c50a0054ce0c0b0df2e8ddd5103ad.jpeg

Those will last you through a couple of bikes in life.

Shimano pedals rock

If you can find them, I'm using Look S-Track with cage, work 100%.

image.png.fde96307b16f168796729e80714107ee.png

Edited by TheoG

Did not even know you get pedals for over R3000....

I have been using Shimano M540 pedals for a few years now. Very happy with it. With excessive mud, they sometimes struggle to clip in, but it happens so seldom that its not an issue for me.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, copperhead said:

Just checked 5600 give or take ????

bargain ............

On 11/10/2021 at 2:05 PM, droo said:

Shimano ME-700 are a good budget option. Shimano bombproof with a bit of a platform

image.jpeg.7a7c50a0054ce0c0b0df2e8ddd5103ad.jpeg

Ya, these are good - got a nearly new pair here for around R300 not so long ago for my wife. The other good ones are Shimano DX DH pedals. I have managed to bend the axle on my first set after several years, but they are generally bomb proof and the nylon cage is better for rock strikes than metal.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:09 PM, Hairy said:

Those will last you through a couple of bikes in life.

Shimano pedals rock

I had this conversation last weekend.

If a nuclear event decimated a city, there would be only two things left: Cockroaches and mid-range Shimano pedals. I've used LX/DX/XT pedals since the late 1990s and have NEVER destroyed or manage to even remotely break a set. They're quite literally bombproof.

That being said, I see a PD-M8120 set is around R2.4k these days ????

21 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I had this conversation last weekend.

If a nuclear event decimated a city, there would be only two things left: Cockroaches and mid-range Shimano pedals. I've used LX/DX/XT pedals since the late 1990s and have NEVER destroyed or manage to even remotely break a set. They're quite literally bombproof.

That being said, I see a PD-M8120 set is around R2.4k these days ????

I am sure Shimano would be far more successful if they named their product ranges with a little more flair :P