Where to buy crank brothers cobalt wheelset

Enriquefabuel

Hi guys. I have been looking for buying a crank brothers cobalt wheels for a while, but I don’t see any shop that actually has them. I have seen them online but from a non trustworthy shop. 

Any idea?

1 hour ago, Enriquefabuel said:

Hi guys. I have been looking for buying a crank brothers cobalt wheels for a while, but I don’t see any shop that actually has them. I have seen them online but from a non trustworthy shop. 

Any idea?

Rather don't , proprietary wheelset with hard to find spares already (i have clients with the wheels and struggle to get new spokes, they usually buy broken wheelsets and scavenge )

Rather go for something with widely used hubs and rims 

eg DT or HOPE hubs 

DT , Spank , WTB , Hope for rims 

40 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Rather don't , proprietary wheelset with hard to find spares already (i have clients with the wheels and struggle to get new spokes, they usually buy broken wheelsets and scavenge )

eg DT or HOPE hubs 

A205975A-6719-4430-9962-99DC8B224D27.jpeg

I rode with a set of them for over 2 years, they look fantastic and are very stiff but, and this is the but: they are very twitchy, they take some getting used to, I was afraid to ride at speed with them in the beginning. 

PS: the guy wants way too much for them in his ad, they go for 2500 - 4500 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, BaGearA said:

eg DT or HOPE hubs 

^this

Crank Bros wheels (and a few of their other products) are living proof that you can indeed polish a turd.

Crank Bros wheels are for the guys who put 22 inch low profile tyres on their Hilux with a lift kit, they look great but arent actually good at what they are supposed to do.