Transition Bikes in SA

schalkmarais

49 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

That bike has clearly not had an easy life.

hahahaha 

I want to ask her what she would accept for Frame only.... I don't trust that anything on that bike has been maintained

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, DieselnDust said:

Transition only expecting to have stock for South Africa toward the middle of 2023!!

pivot cycles similarly 

Did this ever happen ?

Those are two amazing brands with no representation here.
And then there it YT... 😕

1 hour ago, splat said:

Did this ever happen ?

YT much like Canyon is a Direct to Customer brand now. So dont hold your breath for a retailer to stock them. 

1 hour ago, splat said:

Did this ever happen ?

YT, Transition and many of the 'Enduro' brands had importers and dealers in SA but they all failed. Some more than once.

There simply isn't a big enough market in SA to have that many options. 

There simply isn't the annual sales volume to keep the SA business viable or the dealership side from the supplier alive

1 hour ago, splat said:

Did this ever happen ?

No nothing happened. Pivot is selling direct to consumer and has launched a few revised bikes, e.g. Mach 4 SL.

I don't see Transition listing any distributor in SA any longer so I assume that it would now be a direct to consumer sale from the US, much like Intense Bikes and others

2 hours ago, splat said:

Did this ever happen ?

Nope. Local guys got the moer in with waiting and threw in the towel. I'm sure they're glad they did, with all the big brand discounting going on they'd have been sitting on a mountain of stock that they'd battle to move.

Sad, they're great bikes and Tranny SA were easy to deal with.

1 hour ago, droo said:

Nope. Local guys got the moer in with waiting and threw in the towel. I'm sure they're glad they did, with all the big brand discounting going on they'd have been sitting on a mountain of stock that they'd battle to move.

Sad, they're great bikes and Tranny SA were easy to deal with.

This.

Also, quite the attitude from some brands towards local agencies needs a reality check, both in expectations and their business practices/ethics.

4 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

This.

Also, quite the attitude from some brands towards local agencies needs a reality check, both in expectations and their business practices/ethics.

Yeah, we were offered Tranny when A Line shut up shop. I think the polite word for their dealer agreement is onerous.

Banshee, on the other hand, are a pleasure to deal with and will bend over backwards to grow market share in far corners of the world.