99er race entries closed (DISASTER)

Karlhub

Hi guys, I have a problem as I have been training for the race (99er) and need it for my Argus seeding as I haven’t ridden in awhile….

i thought entries closed at midnight but they have already close… any help? 
the phone number on their website won’t an see as its after 5pm…

9C7ED12A-FDEF-4ED4-BB9D-37105B537C06.jpeg

Oh my goodness road storm! I have been trying for the past hour re entering my details on that page and suddenly when I use your link it works 

thank you so much…❤️

22 minutes ago, Karlboi16 said:

Oh my goodness road storm! I have been trying for the past hour re entering my details on that page and suddenly when I use your link it works 

thank you so much…❤️

Glad you came right.

16 hours ago, Karlboi16 said:

Hi guys, I have a problem as I have been training for the race (99er) and need it for my Argus seeding as I haven’t ridden in awhile….

i thought entries closed at midnight but they have already close… any help? 
the phone number on their website won’t an see as its after 5pm…

9C7ED12A-FDEF-4ED4-BB9D-37105B537C06.jpeg

I see it's still open. What I don't get is you trained for a race but didn't enter it until the last possible day? Were you waiting for the weather forecast before commiting?

that is such a tough one for organisers, the apathetic riders who sit on the fence until the last minute. so hard to plan accordingly with your expected numbers, then if the weather forecast is good, you get a massive surge and now need to run around with contingency plans. Or the weather is looking dicey and no one enters and you struggle to hit your breakeven numbers.

and then the same people will go and complain that the late entry fee is too high.

The need for people to judge other people's behaviour 🙄

Cut-off is the tuesday for the saturday, the man wants to enter on the monday and it's not working, leave the poor guy alone, not like he's moaning that he can't enter the day before...

Edited by Jbr

5 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Cut-off is the tuesday for the saturday, the man wants to enter on the tuesday and it's not working, leave the poor guy alone, not like he's moaning that he can't enter the day before...

Shebeen is an ex race organiser.... He probably still has PTSD from this sort of ting! hahaha

I'm the opposite to the OP though. I usually enter, then figure out how I'm going to juggle what comes in order to make it. I feel nothing missing a race I've entered as the organisers need the support and most of them are annual events. 

11 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm the opposite to the OP though. I usually enter, then figure out how I'm going to juggle what comes in order to make it. I feel nothing missing a race I've entered as the organisers need the support and most of them are annual events. 

Same, I should give my wife the link to my racetec profile so that she can plan our weekends around all the races I already entered ;)

53 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Shebeen is an ex race organiser.... He probably still has PTSD from this sort of ting! hahaha

I am that one that most often does the late registration.  I dont mind the late fee.

Our program often change last minute with Maritz .... If his dad has to do an urgent project, our plans suddenly include one more for the weekend.  (the joys of being a contractor to large retail firms)   Absolute BONUS if this then co-incides with an event that also has a shorter distance :clap:

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Cut-off is the tuesday for the saturday, the man wants to enter on the monday and it's not working, leave the poor guy alone, not like he's moaning that he can't enter the day before...

Nope, you're incorrect. Here's the screen shot from the official webpage. This guy tried to enter after business hours on the day late entries closed - nothing about midnight on the 7th, and definitely nothing on the 8th.

I totally understand that people can forget and all that, but the OP said he was training specifically for a race and then waited at the last possible minute to enter. 

image.png.ec1d7ede8a75c905e0d542de3156aec8.png

All i'm saying, is if you're going to do a race, enter the bloody thing. This is total anecdotal evidence, but over the past 10 or so years it seems people have taken weather forecasts into how they plan their weekends, and wait till the last minute. Bunch of poofters i tell ja, just get off the fence and commit.