[Event] Boland Race of Truth TTT

Events Bot

Thanks Guy and I hope we get a team , sounds like a perfect ย race for Diesel engines ๐Ÿ˜‰ looking forward to ride with you again ๐Ÿ‘

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

5 days to go...
...where's the banter?

Doesn't look like pure savage entered...

Edited by Jbr

25 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

5 days to go...
Where's the predictions, where's the banter?

RDX to pass 10 teamsย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

EDIT: Rest of the podium is up for grabs though. Go-Cycle and iNTIME should have a good go but I know of a few wildcards out there so could get interesting

ย 

Edited by WaldoZ

12 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

RDX to pass 10 teamsย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

EDIT: Rest of the podium is up for grabs though. Go-Cycle and iNTIME should have a good go but I know of a few wildcards out there so could get interesting

ย 

what makes you think we won't have a go at RdX ? Their lineup isn't that strong ?ย ๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by Jbr
Edit : tried hard to use comic sans !

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

what makes you think we won't have a go at RdX ?

Their lineup isn't that strong ?
Generate Text Image
ย 

Fighting talkย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Gonna go make some popcorn now for sure...

ย 

ย 

As for the non-sponsored teams... the team @milky4130ย is in looks legit! Baggies and T-shirts on the podium?

ย 

25 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Fighting talkย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Gonna go make some popcorn now for sure...

ย 

ย 

As for the non-sponsored teams... the team @milky4130ย is in looks legit! Baggies and T-shirts on the podium?

ย 

Baggies & T-shirts for sure but it will be for the best dressed podiumย ๐Ÿ˜

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

5 days to go...
Where's the predictions, where's the banter?

oh crap I've been roped into a team and looking back to earlier in this thread I basically recommended you a strong guy for your team to use against my teamย ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย This is my excuse & I'm sticking to it.

I want to know what the passing rules are... are you allowed to wave at the team you are passing or is there some unwritten rule that you shouldn't... I ask cause don't want to offend anyoneย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

On 9/27/2022 at 1:30 PM, WaldoZ said:

Rest of the podium is up for grabs though. Go-Cycle and iNTIME should have a good go but I know of a few wildcards out there so could get interesting

Good call.
We got the wind taken out of our sails at Bothmas a little bit when four of the remaining eight ran into difficulties at the same time, so couldn't put up aย  fight for second, but we managed the effort excellently to secure the final spot on the podium. ๐Ÿ˜€

4 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Good call.
We got the wind taken out of our sails at Bothmas a little bit when four of the remaining eight ran into difficulties at the same time, so couldn't put up aย  fight for second, but we managed the effort excellently to secure the final spot on the podium. ๐Ÿ˜€

We were told no baggies and T-shirts allowed on the podium so just did a zone 2 ride all day and got 4th ๐Ÿคช

43 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

We were told no baggies and T-shirts allowed on the podium so just did a zone 2 ride all day and got 4th ๐Ÿคช

Thanks, we were worried for a minute in the last 30km ;)

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Thanks, we were worried for a minute in the last 30km ;)

You did enough in the first 150km... I checked flyby and we made up some time at the end but too little too late. Our race was closer with 5th place and only 1min ahead of JDElliotย ๐Ÿ˜ณย while we were more than a handful of minutes behind you guys. We didn't have any time checks so with no info we just went as fast as we could manage. We had a game plan and executed it 100% so pretty happy for a team who only rode together for the first time on race day haha. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think all teams would probably change something if this had to repeat. Very valuable for DC teams.

Really nice route, loved it and the weather played with for a change!ย 

3 hours ago, WaldoZ said:

You did enough in the first 150km... I checked flyby and we made up some time at the end but too little too late. Our race was closer with 5th place and only 1min ahead of JDElliotย ๐Ÿ˜ณย while we were more than a handful of minutes behind you guys. We didn't have any time checks so with no info we just went as fast as we could manage. We had a game plan and executed it 100% so pretty happy for a team who only rode together for the first time on race day haha. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think all teams would probably change something if this had to repeat. Very valuable for DC teams.

Really nice route, loved it and the weather played with for a change!ย 

yes same here we pretty much executed the plan we had set for the day. The punctures and persisting illnesses of our two locomotives forced us to improvise in the end and ride a little more conservative to be absolutely sure that we bring at least 5 guys to the line. I think we have 0 regrets as we took the right decisions and got the best results out of a tricky context.

Fun part is the two "punchers" in the team that don't like long rides were still 2 of the 4, then 3 guys driving it at the end of the race, nice surprise for the both of us I guess we feel a lot more relaxed going into DC nowย ๐Ÿ˜…

Edited by Jbr