[Event] Boland Race of Truth TTT

Events Bot

Event Name: Boland Race of Truth TTT
When: 02/10/2022
Where: , Paarl, Western Cape
Category: Road

190km Team Time Trial consisting fo teams of 10 Limited to 100 Teams Only! Team places and times are determined by the 5th rider to cross the line!

Go to Event Page.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kelson Elena Da Cruz said:

Morning, I am looking for a place on a team for this race , please if you have info contact via WhatsApp 0630356503 

thank Kelson Da Cruz

You'll catch more fish with bait on your hook...

Abilities, expectations for the day, etc.

4 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

You'll catch more fish with bait on your hook...

Abilities, expectations for the day, etc.

I'll speak for Kelson (you're welcome Amigo 😉), this is his abilities,

image.png.e98ffb6f1d24b5554d790173dac6255d.png

Expectations he wants to win it of course like all other amateur road cyclists & he definitely has the ability to go all the way to the line if not he'll contribute to the team to make it, not bad for a +55 guy.

38 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Why is it so difficult to see how much an entry costs?

I was scolded for asking this a while back regarding another event. 

I just keep quiet in the corner now.

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

I was scolded for asking this a while back regarding another event. 

I just keep quiet in the corner now.

hahahaha

It's so dumb. Why isn't it advertised?

R6000 per team of 10 or whatever as part of the VITAL information?

Instead it's clickety click, clickety click here, send us an email, jump through a banana and we will send you an invite that self destructs in 30 seconds.

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

hahahaha

It's so dumb. Why isn't it advertised?

R6000 per team of 10 or whatever as part of the VITAL information?

Instead it's clickety click, clickety click here, send us an email, jump through a banana and we will send you an invite that self destructs in 30 seconds.

RACE FACT FILE:
Date: 2 October 2022
Start and Finish: Boland Landbouskool | Paarl
Distance: 190km
Elevation: 2100m
Terrain: Mildly undulating with Bains Kloof Pass and Bothmaskloof Pass the signature challenges
Route touchpoints: Wellington | Bains Kloof Pass| Tulbagh | Hermon | Riebeeck Kasteel | Bothaskloof Pass | Malmesbury | Paarl
Entry Fee: R9000 per team
Race start: 06h30
Race cut-off: 16h30
6 Water points: 4 provided by the organisation and two team assistance zones
Special Finisher’s medal
Timed by RaceTec

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Why is it so difficult to see how much an entry costs?

Maybe ask @Matt or @Nick if they would kindly add an enter fee "block" to the Events template.

The best we can do when listing an event is to refer back to the "event website" ....   Then again, most entry "blocks" on the event template are LINKS to the events website, so if they hide their entry fee it is not going to be easy for the BikeHub to highlight it.

AGREED .... it irks when you have to go half way through EntryNinja to find the entry costs ....

While I on this topic - @Matt what are the contact details if an events organiser wants to "promote" their event on the forum.  Sorry if I got the term wrong, I noticed there is some way for the organisers to get more exposure ....

13 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Maybe ask @Matt or @Nick if they would kindly add an enter fee "block" to the Events template.

The best we can do when listing an event is to refer back to the "event website" ....   Then again, most entry "blocks" on the event template are LINKS to the events website, so if they hide their entry fee it is not going to be easy for the BikeHub to highlight it.

AGREED .... it irks when you have to go half way through EntryNinja to find the entry costs ....

While I on this topic - @Matt what are the contact details if an events organiser wants to "promote" their event on the forum.  Sorry if I got the term wrong, I noticed there is some way for the organisers to get more exposure ....

The entry fee block is there.

image.png

For this particular event, I created the entry. I simply don't have time to find and list all the finer details. I tend to only fill in the required fields. The hope is that the event organiser will do the creating and complete all the details.

On your second point, events can promote themselves by:

1. Creating an event in the Events Calendar - it's free (this also creates the forum topic).
  2. Engaging in the forum topic.
  3. If they want to promote the event elsewhere on the site, the details are all here.

i click enter now

then more information which downloaded a .pdf file with all the event details and cost as per April 22 event date.

I assume that this fee may change due to inflationary increases....??

But the entry fee is there if your disc brake are not dragging

Edited by DieselnDust

58 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

RACE FACT FILE:
Date: 2 October 2022
Start and Finish: Boland Landbouskool | Paarl
Distance: 190km
Elevation: 2100m
Terrain: Mildly undulating with Bains Kloof Pass and Bothmaskloof Pass the signature challenges
Route touchpoints: Wellington | Bains Kloof Pass| Tulbagh | Hermon | Riebeeck Kasteel | Bothaskloof Pass | Malmesbury | Paarl
Entry Fee: R9000 per team
Race start: 06h30
Race cut-off: 16h30
6 Water points: 4 provided by the organisation and two team assistance zones
Special Finisher’s medal
Timed by RaceTec

Love riding these races but the cost is getting prohibitive.

That said... Any team need a middle aged mid pack rider whose strongest feature is size? (I displace a lot of air) .... 

26 minutes ago, Nick said:

The entry fee block is there.

image.png

For this particular event, I created the entry. I simply don't have time to find and list all the finer details. I tend to only fill in the required fields. The hope is that the event organiser will do the creating and complete all the details.

On your second point, events can promote themselves by:

1. Creating an event in the Events Calendar - it's free (this also creates the forum topic).
  2. Engaging in the forum topic.
  3. If they want to promote the event elsewhere on the site, the details are all here.

Dankie 👍

Ek gee "punt 3" deur na n organiseerder.

• 3 weeks later...

Am looking to ride if any team is short a rider. I see Kelson is also looking for a ride, we both make a good pair of diesel engines for any team (only I have a turbo switch when needed 🙂) Guy 082 924 4253