Its that time of the year - everything is breaking :-)

Headshot

20 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm removing my rant. never mind.

I read your rant before you removed it.

Not trying to defend them, but some explanation.

The manufactures states doing xyz on the car takes x amount of time. But because the technician is experience and efficient (or possibly doesnt do everything) it take him x-y amount of time. But they are not allowed to charge for less than x amount of time for the job, so that it what they do.

Almost the same as visiting your doctor, he sees you for less than 15 minutes but charges for the entire hour.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I read your rant before you removed it.

Not trying to defend them, but some explanation.

The manufactures states doing xyz on the car takes x amount of time. But because the technician is experience and efficient (or possibly doesnt do everything) it take him x-y amount of time. But they are not allowed to charge for less than x amount of time for the job, so that it what they do.

Almost the same as visiting your doctor, he sees you for less than 15 minutes but charges for the entire hour.

I fully get that - I'm still not quite understanding why each time the vehicle was serviced I have half the transmission fluid lying on my garage floor.

This was my first post-service-plan maintenance, and I get the distinct impression they saw me coming. Next service will not be with the dealership.

Change dealers - but tell the current one you're moving to their competitor up the road. They'll show you a lot of love to keep you as a customer. 

If not, then change brands

Edited by 117

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I fully get that - I'm still not quite understanding why each time the vehicle was serviced I have half the transmission fluid lying on my garage floor.

This was my first post-service-plan maintenance, and I get the distinct impression they saw me coming. Next service will not be with the dealership.

the leaking transmission fluid is unforgivable. 

7 minutes ago, ouzo said:

the leaking transmission fluid is unforgivable. 

very much so. I at least have them sending a mechanic out to come see since I declared I was not driving anywhere with half the gearbox fluid lying on the garage floor.

9 minutes ago, 117 said:

Change dealers - but tell the current one you're moving to their competitor up the road. They'll show you a lot of love to keep you as a customer. 

If not, then change brands

It should not have to come to that. Why must everything in business revolve around threats to get action or an issue resolved? Why must we settle for second best until we make a fuss? Its almost the accepted norm these days, and I'm tired of it.

I expect proper service first time, every time. Nothing less will satisfy me. And this applies in everything I do where I am expected to pay for something. Businesses need to wake up and realise there are competitors out there who are all vying for the same customers, and these days service is the only thing that sets them apart.

I vote with my wallet now, and if I do business with you and you cock up, I will only go so far as to get you to clean-up your mess, but I won't be coming back again either.

mmmmm. I spoke to soon. No one is coming, I must maar drive it like that to the dealer as they're not prepared to come, and already they're throwing shade saying it's probably some other fault now as well. Watch this space, but Reeds N1 City have just lost me as a regular and loyal customer. I don't give a rats arse that they sponsor Tygerberg MTB club. Their service is pathetic.

22 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It should not have to come to that. Why must everything in business revolve around threats to get action or an issue resolved? Why must we settle for second best until we make a fuss? Its almost the accepted norm these days, and I'm tired of it.

I expect proper service first time, every time. Nothing less will satisfy me. And this applies in everything I do where I am expected to pay for something. Businesses need to wake up and realise there are competitors out there who are all vying for the same customers, and these days service is the only thing that sets them apart.

I vote with my wallet now, and if I do business with you and you cock up, I will only go so far as to get you to clean-up your mess, but I won't be coming back again either.

100% with you on this and I couldn't agree more. And the same applies to a lot of other topics.

Every Tuesday when the garbage collectors remove the rubbish there's this young child (12-ish) with his mother waste picking.

I've reported it to the municipality (got a case number with zero follow-up), then the ACVV (nice exchange of emails but zero follow-up) and now to the ward counsellor. I mean it's a child that should be in school who is now basically forced to be an informal waste picker.

Now compared to other issues in our country it's not that big of a deal - but the point here is that we have started to become dull and numb to smaller issues just because they get the backseat over bigger issues. This problem becomes one where similar cases aren't taken very seriously, then people stop reporting it, and then it feeds into our larger issues like assault/theft/rape/syndicates.

Just got the dreaded call from the dealer bluntly informing me that the repair will cost about R15k . . .

After enquiring how a part that was passed 2 working days ago now suddenly fails so spectacularly I get told that this is maar how these things go. . . I kid you not. They actually said that!!!

I'm just going to reserve comment now. 

DON'T SUPPORT REEDS N1 !