Fox grip2 vs rockshox charger 2.1

MTBRIDER1234

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Latest reviews put the latest RS Lyric with buttercup rubbers at the bottom of the damper and airspring shafts and a super quiet damper (that is now more like the grip 2 - i.e an IFP as opposed to a bladder (I stand to be corrected if I've got this slightly wrong) as ahead of the fox 36 Grip 2 in terms of performance.  

pretty much spot on.

Buttercup isn't a rubber bumpstop though, its an hydraulic bumpstop so I suspect they have an oil emulsion in the "buttercup" to allow it too compress slightly. These would probably encourage peeps to run the forks a little softer and hit the bump stops more often.

Rear shocks and fork have an IFP now. Probably means similar precautions when servicing as those taken for a rear shock damper service

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Buttercup isn't a rubber bumpstop though, its an hydraulic bumpstop

Hmmm, from what I understand it’s a very simple set of rubbers stops in cups.

I think you’re referring to the hydraulic bottom-out on the rear shocks only.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, LazyTrailRider said:

I'm willing to bet R1000 that in a blind test with two forks set up exactly the same, no one on this forum would be able to tell which is which between a Lyrik Ultimate and a 36 Factory.

Blind test on a downhill track 🤨 That's next level

54 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Hmmm, from what I understand it’s a very simple set of rubbers stops in cups.

I think you’re referring to the hydraulic bottom-out on the rear shocks only.

Correct. Buttercups are basically an anti-vibration mount that sits between the lowers and the air shaft and damper, which should be able to absorb higher frequency chatter than an air spring or a damper.

Also I have narrowed it down to 2 forks: the lyrik ultimate and the 36 grip2

Anybody have experience riding both and how do they compare to each other in suppleness, midstroke support, grip and general ride feel?