Vuelta 2022

emme

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decision time for Louis:

Option A: Pursue another GC top 10. Unlikely that the other teams will allow him to go up the road again, so it will most likely require him chipping away at those riders ahead of him.

or

Option B: Forego the GC asperations, lose time intentionally, to allow him to go up the road again in future for another stage win.

I'll be happy with either one of these. IWG just needs to make the call which option they prefer.

2022-08-30 10_33_09-Official classifications of La Vuelta - Stage 9.png

Edited by Vetplant
Current GC standings attached for reference.

of all those that look to pose a challenge to Remco on paper have not shown much form yet. I'm figuring Remco to take more time today as he barrels on into the unknown

37 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

of all those that look to pose a challenge to Remco on paper have not shown much form yet. I'm figuring Remco to take more time today as he barrels on into the unknown

Remco's 3 weeks endurance is still an unknown.

The 2018 Giro collapse of Yates serves as a warning, things can go south VERY quickly. Roglic has the ability to pounce in the final week.

Either way, good racing ahead, methinks.

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Remco's 3 weeks endurance is still an unknown.

The 2018 Giro collapse of Yates serves as a warning, things can go south VERY quickly. Roglic has the ability to pounce in the final week.

Either way, good racing ahead, methinks.

I do not want to jinx Remco but I am already licking my lips for a battle in the 2023 TdF between him, Pogacar and Vingegaard.  Patrick Lefevere must just play along and recruit one or 2 climbers to support Remco. 

20 minutes ago, dsw said:

I do not want to jinx Remco but I am already licking my lips for a battle in the 2023 TdF between him, Pogacar and Vingegaard.  Patrick Lefevere must just play along and recruit one or 2 climbers to support Remco. 

Not so sure if he is up there with JV and TP, but lets see, only time will tell.

16 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Not so sure if he is up there with JV and TP, but lets see, only time will tell.

according to the hype, he's the new Merckx, so an unknown number of steps past those two...

4 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

according to the hype, he's the new Merckx, so an unknown number of steps past those two...

I will believe it when I see it .... 🤪

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I will believe it when I see it .... 🤪

for the record, here's Merckx' GT achievements.

image.png.876fbfa60396a08fce17026aa1249728.png

DSQ means he was hoofed for doping. that doesn't happen anymore though

Also, interesting to note that if you count up his stage wins, Merckx has the same number as Mark Cavendish. Who knew that little factoid?

There is no doubting Merckx's caliber.  If Remco can achieve that, I'm not so sure.

PS:  Besides his issues & "arrogance", I liked Mr Cav, but his probably not going to feature again.