Shimano Saint MX80 / PD-GR500 left pedal spindle needed

nox1111

I had an unfortunate rock strike last night, first ride out on 'new-for-me' Saint pedals. Aaand that was all she wrote. Bent the Left spindle unfortunately.

Anyone has a set of either of these pedals and maybe discarded or breaking up for some reason, I am keen for the left Spindle.

Will pay sweet moneys, or exchange for another desirable bike bit.

please let me know!

DSC_0857.JPG

Haha snap. I smashed my right one some time ago, bought a set of DX pedals with the intention of swapping out the axle... still haven't got around to it. Mine is however the clipless saint's but the axle's are the same

there are axles are sites like ebay and amazon, but they range from R500-700 which is too rich for me, the DX pedals were R350 here off bikehub

Must have been one HELL of a strike to bend the axle. 

Put my set through at least 8 years of abuse and they only needed a service towards the end. 

7 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Must have been one HELL of a strike to bend the axle. 

Put my set through at least 8 years of abuse and they only needed a service towards the end. 

That it was. Only a blessing not going for a loooong hard fall, considering this was on Armageddon 7.

I was also hoping for around 8 years, got one ride, making this the most expensive product per km, I think I've ever used.  Close second would be Dissector tyres.... because they don't last.

19 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Haha snap. I smashed my right one some time ago, bought a set of DX pedals with the intention of swapping out the axle... still haven't got around to it. Mine is however the clipless saint's but the axle's are the same

there are axles are sites like ebay and amazon, but they range from R500-700 which is too rich for me, the DX pedals were R350 here off bikehub

If you feel like selling the left bits... let me know!

16 minutes ago, nox1111 said:

That it was. Only a blessing not going for a loooong hard fall, considering this was on Armageddon 7.

I was also hoping for around 8 years, got one ride, making this the most expensive product per km, I think I've ever used.  Close second would be Dissector tyres.... because they don't last.

My most expensive product per km was destroying a R1200 tyre 10km into the first ride. :(

I have a pair of 520's (I think theyre 520's - maybe 540's) that youre welcome to have to see if the axle will work for you 

DM me your number and I'll send you the details this arvie when i get back to the cave

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

My most expensive product per km was destroying a R1200 tyre 10km into the first ride. :(

Did the same, about 6km into first ride with a new wheelset and tyres, wrote off the tyre and rear wheel😢

3 hours ago, nox1111 said:

I had an unfortunate rock strike last night, first ride out on 'new-for-me' Saint pedals. Aaand that was all she wrote. Bent the Left spindle unfortunately.

Anyone has a set of either of these pedals and maybe discarded or breaking up for some reason, I am keen for the left Spindle.

Will pay sweet moneys, or exchange for another desirable bike bit.

please let me know!

DSC_0857.JPG

Jis meneer! Ek het dalk iets vir jou. Dis 'n XT stel, waarvan een as gebuig is. Hopelik pas dit, en hopelik is dit die regte kant. 

Sal vanaand in die laai gaan krap. 

4 hours ago, 117 said:

I have a pair of 520's (I think theyre 520's - maybe 540's) that youre welcome to have to see if the axle will work for you 

DM me your number and I'll send you the details this arvie when i get back to the cave

They seem to have identical spindles. So if you do, that would be awesome! 

50 minutes ago, Neill71 said:

I have a pair of gr500 pedals I dont use anymore. You can have them for free. They are not mint anymore but the axles are fine. 

That would be rad, thanks!

54 minutes ago, nox1111 said:

That would be rad, thanks!

Go with Neill71's offer first. If those axles don't work then let me know for the 520/540's 

Just remember to pay it forward 👊

Right, my axles seem straight, but  I'm not sure they'll fit. 

I can however lend you a pair of flat pedals to ride with until you can meet  up with Niell71. 

Anything to get you back on that sweet rig. 

DCBF3300-1B31-4ADF-982F-22029CEA6F3D.jpeg

On 8/5/2022 at 10:46 AM, 117 said:

Turns out I also destroyed the left crank arm in the process... Thread twisted in the arm. First time seeing that for me.