New Cassette Time

The Ouzo

Installed new chain the other day. Only done 2 rides for a total of 55km. It appears that after 14 500km the cassette has reached a point of needing to be replaced. 

Currently only one cog slipping.

Its Shimano 11 spd 11-32. Bike is running 105 groupset so I dont need to go higher spec than that.

Point me to the best place to buy in SA please. Currently Cycle Lab have it the cheapest on their website.

BikeAddict had 105 cassettes @ R850 a week or two ago which seemed well priced.

Not sure if still available or how that compares to CL.

9 minutes ago, Thomo said:

BikeAddict had 105 cassettes @ R850 a week or two ago which seemed well priced.

Not sure if still available or how that compares to CL.

They dont seem to show on their website.

Think I'll pop them a mail anyway, maybe they still have one 

There are a number of threads regarding their online management so see how quickly you get a response, otherwise give them a call.

which gear ? Bought a "good as new" dura ace cassette on the hub not long ago, 11t cog was slipping on a new dura ace chain, swapped it with the 11t cog on my 105 cassette, that I run on my training wheels with a 2nd hand KMC chain, I have two setups that run flawlessly ;)

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

which gear ? Bought a "good as new" dura ace cassette on the hub not long ago, 11t cog was slipping on a new dura ace chain, swapped it with the 11t cog on my 105 cassette, that I run on my training wheels with a 2nd hand KMC chain, I have two setups that run flawlessly ;)

20t cog. I thought about looking for a replacement of just the 20t, I might have to go that route still. But with 14 500km on the cassette and 3 chains its probably only a matter of time before some of the others start to slip.

7 minutes ago, ouzo said:

20t cog. I thought about looking for a replacement of just the 20t, I might have to go that route still. But with 14 500km on the cassette and 3 chains its probably only a matter of time before some of the others start to slip.

yes you're right 🤣

36 minutes ago, ouzo said:

They dont seem to show on their website.

Think I'll pop them a mail anyway, maybe they still have one 

I avoid BikkeAddict like the plague. Always have "stock" or will "order" - but every single mail I have sent remained unanswered. I am sure others have had better experiences, but based on the service I got - they will never have me as a client

Edited by pedal menace

15 minutes ago, Jono said:

not trying to be funny, but have you asked your lbs?

my local has been great with pricing, most of the time its better than online pricing. 

the 2 that I use both done have stock of 105, they do have ultegra, but at R900 more I'll keep looking for 105.

24 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

I avoid BikkeAddict like the plague. Always have "stock" or will "order" - but every single mail I have sent remained unanswered. I am sure others have had better experiences, but based on the service I got - they will never have me as a client

Can only comment on my own experience. So far I have enquired 3 times from this year about various products. The replied to all my emails. Twice they never had the exact specification I needed so couldn’t order but they did respond. The other time I ordered and it arrived timeously. So far good service on my end.

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Can only comment on my own experience. So far I have enquired 3 times from this year about various products. The replied to all my emails. Twice they never had the exact specification I needed so couldn’t order but they did respond. The other time I ordered and it arrived timeously. So far good service on my end.

Yup - that's why I definitely just give my view and should not be assumed to be the general experience. Just personally - If you give me service - you win me as a client. My last mail was a query to possibly buy a bike - which I think is rather big business. Did not even respond. 

Anyway not the reason for this topic - so let's focus on the cassette wear again 😅