[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

33 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Depends on the weather on the day and the guys in the group, But group wise, going on the last few years, I'd prob say 1C will have a few guys, 1B will have more which means a bigger bunch of guys working together which will make it "easier" for lack of a better word. But from previous years, 1D downwards you wont get many, just the very odd few extremely strong guys who genuinely don't belong there anyway and end up basically riding a solo race.

Just out of interest what is your seeding index?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to seeding queries, in pervious years has anyone done so at registration and been successful? 

My last seeding race showing on Racetec is from 2020, but I am riding the Herald in PE this weekend which will drastically improve my seeding. 

I guess there is no harm in asking? 

14 hours ago, throttles said:

Anyone coming down from the UK?

I need to buy something online.. I would appreciate it if you brought it with your for me. It’s 2 rubber seals. 🤲

I will send a PM

9 minutes ago, plane^driver said:

In regards to seeding queries, in pervious years has anyone done so at registration and been successful? 

My last seeding race showing on Racetec is from 2020, but I am riding the Herald in PE this weekend which will drastically improve my seeding. 

No harm in asking, but appears the Herald is no longer timed by Racetec and there is no cross sharing of data between the different timing companies...

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Depends on the weather on the day and the guys in the group, But group wise, going on the last few years, I'd prob say 1C will have a few guys, 1B will have more which means a bigger bunch of guys working together which will make it "easier" for lack of a better word. But from previous years, 1D downwards you wont get many, just the very odd few extremely strong guys who genuinely don't belong there anyway and end up basically riding a solo race.

Okay so im in 1F but this excludes the 99er. My index is 40 so Im hoping after a reseed I’ll get to jump up 1 group. But yeah, looks like sub 3 not gonna happen. 

16 minutes ago, plane^driver said:

According to the email, you can only do queries at registration now.

2 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Okay so im in 1F but this excludes the 99er. My index is 40 so Im hoping after a reseed I’ll get to jump up 1 group. But yeah, looks like sub 3 not gonna happen. 

Check on PPA what your index is. If it's lower on PPA due to 99er and racetec have you on 40 with a previous result before 99er, Then query seeding and get a re-seed. If you did a decent 99er then you might get up to even 1D which will still give you a fair chance.  

4 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

it's even in bold in the E-mail LOL, like they trying to shout it at us.

11 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Yes, as I mentioned, at registration but I bet they will still get 100s of emails and calls. Ill just wait and see what they say at registration. 

The funny thing about this ctct story is that I keep telling myself it's not in any way important to me cos I do so.many other interesting and harder events yet I still fuss and fret over my seeding and mentally rehearse my ride ....

Fastest is 3.10. I confess I really really want a sub 3

42 minutes ago, plane^driver said:

In previous years I have had friends re-seed at registration by showing Strava rides (They will look at distance and average speed of the activity).

11 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

I really hope they use the 99er results if you query, because then I could get into 1B or maybe 1A with a stretch.

Well all the comms from 99er stated they will definitely use it, So pretty sure they will.

1 minute ago, DieSwartGevaar said:

In previous years I have had friends re-seed at registration by showing Strava rides (They will look at distance and average speed of the activity).

they refused to do this last year.

but then i went the following day and the big dude wasn't there and managed to get my wife an earlier start time.