Wines2Whales 2022: Who's Riding?

esCape-ist

8 minutes ago, gurns said:

I can't seem to find  what the distances are per day. Can anyone assist please?

And daily ascent as well.

Thanks

seriously.....?? did you even try?

here let me spoon feed you: https://www.epic-series.com/wines2whales-event-route

How did I come by tis magic?

What race am i riding? Oh Wines2whales!! silly billy

typing.......www.wines2whales.co.za

something scientific happens and I end up at epic-series.com/wines2whales

Oh look how considerate of them they made it easy for me to find....clicks "view the route"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, emme said:

overbergagri.co.za the best site to use for weather in the Overberg region...

Great! Thanks!

On 9/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, esCape-ist said:

I just had a quick look and can’t find one, but if there is another thread please shut this one down.

Just thought would be cool to have a build up thread for everyone riding wine 2 whales this year, talk about your prep, ask questions if you are unsure and looking for advice etc.

I am in for this weekend!
lastminute,com slot because my mate's partner is sick.
Dropped my bike at the LBS for a once over. Will do some frantic packing and running around tomorrow, and then its go time!
Excited!

55 minutes ago, splat said:

I am in for this weekend!
lastminute,com slot because my mate's partner is sick.
Dropped my bike at the LBS for a once over. Will do some frantic packing and running around tomorrow, and then its go time!
Excited!

FOMO!!

have a good one!!

If anyone wants to join my dad riding this weekend let me know! His partner is no longer able to ride. Pace will be relatively slow :)

2 hours ago, KK said:

If anyone wants to join my dad riding this weekend let me know! His partner is no longer able to ride. Pace will be relatively slow :)

On 10/25/2022 at 12:06 PM, Jensie said:

My first W2W. Or first MTB tour, quite looking forward to it.   Hope my setup is correct

Riding the Pinotage, also my first W2W, looking forward to riding those lekker Cape trails and enjoying the great wine infused Cape hospitality. 

1 hour ago, Carmichael said:

Almost done working for the week, then off to register and drink wine and pack at 13ish.. For tomorrow the fun starts.. 

And the rain probably .Good luck

Also just got a last minute entry for Pinotage starting Monday. A mate's partner is sick. 

Pretty much any other year I would be ready to comfortably ride one, this year (after knee op, and 2 toddlers - so fitness coming back too slowly) I am going to hurt. But looking forward to it. At least my partner is a machine, so I am taking a tow rope.