Tour de France 2024

'Dale

But how is Jay Vine? His the guy with the worst injuries and no one’s talking about him? Only the big stars are getting the attention….

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remco  & jonas both had successful surgery. Jonas is the bigger tragedy because of the collapsed lung. I doubt he’ll be a contender at tdf if he turns up. Remco will likely be there but similar to Tadej in 2023, might be healed but the body takes a lot of energy to heal so I doubt he’ll be in peak form

50 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Remco  & jonas both had successful surgery. Jonas is the bigger tragedy because of the collapsed lung. I doubt he’ll be a contender at tdf if he turns up. Remco will likely be there but similar to Tadej in 2023, might be healed but the body takes a lot of energy to heal so I doubt he’ll be in peak form

Now it is a race to see who will heal and recover the fastest

9 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

I’m sure there’s an appropriate Monty python skit to apply here < searches archives>

19 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I’m sure there’s an appropriate Monty python skit to apply here < searches archives>

"...BRING OUT YOUR DEAD, BRING OUT YOUR DEAD...."

Every year, I wish for no crashes in the Tour, and that the best rider wins. Seems this needs to be extended to the whole season. 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Tadej is doing the Giro as well, so he might be a bit tired for the tour. That might be their saving grace to a level playing field. But I doubt Jonas will be at the starting line. 

20 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

But I doubt Jonas will be at the starting line

that's fine, he already has 2. he can do the Vuelta and the Giro instead

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

When this crash happened I went to look at the cycling betting. before then it was jonas miles ahead of the rest. they took the options off, and have returned with this:

image.png.c8258c7b3796657c2633bbf419eccde4.png

there is one clear winner here - Ineos. How they can maximise it is a big ask though

52 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

that's fine, he already has 2. he can do the Vuelta and the Giro instead

We might see Kuss as the designated leader for the Bee's then. 

24 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

My biased view is that they should set Kuss free to go for GC, but then as a team they should just focus on going stage hunting for WvA, bump up his 9 stage victories to 15 and bag the Green jersey... :)

44 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

When this crash happened I went to look at the cycling betting. before then it was jonas miles ahead of the rest. they took the options off, and have returned with this:

image.png.c8258c7b3796657c2633bbf419eccde4.png

there is one clear winner here - Ineos. How they can maximise it is a big ask though

Bernal is coming back to some sort of form. Dark horse that one.

15 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

My biased view is that they should set Kuss free to go for GC, but then as a team they should just focus on going stage hunting for WvA, bump up his 9 stage victories to 15 and bag the Green jersey... :)

pity WvA is also out with a fractured collarbone, fractured rib(s), and fractured sternum. Let's see who can recover and adequately train by the time the TdF rolls around. 

1 hour ago, Irvin85 said:

Thought so too - I just put R20 on him at 34-1.