Bike Transport: JNB-CPT

Mark James

I am considering purchasing a bike from a fellow hubber who is based in JNB (I live in CPT).

Any experience and suggestions on transporting the bike from JNB-CPT?  

thanks 

5 minutes ago, Mark James said:

I am considering purchasing a bike from a fellow hubber who is based in JNB (I live in CPT).

Any experience and suggestions on transporting the bike from JNB-CPT?  

thanks 

Do as much research on the courier service that you or the fellow hubber will be using to transport the bike. Make sure you get a tracking number, it'll assist you in tracking your shipment until you receive it in CPT.

You can ask the Seller to take the bike to Cycle Lab Lynnwood.  They can box it and send it to CWC Cape Town.

Maybe give Ruben a shout at Cycle Lab and he can inspect the bike for you then send to Bernard at CWC.

Edited by Barry

3 hours ago, Barry said:

You can ask the Seller to take the bike to Cycle Lab Lynnwood.  They can box it and send it to CWC Cape Town.

Maybe give Ruben a shout at Cycle Lab and he can inspect the bike for you then send to Bernard at CWC.

This is great, thanks for the advice. Will give Cycle Lab a call tomorrow to enquire 

4 hours ago, Trashy said:

USE BIKEHUB PAY.

Hi Trashy (I see that you are also in Paarl, howzit 😀). 

I haven't ever purchased something on Bikehub without seeing it first, so will definitely make use of "Bikehub pay" this time... Thanks

Edited by Mark James

1 hour ago, Mark James said:

Hi Trashy (I see that you are also in Paarl, howzit 😀). 

I haven't ever purchased something on Bikehub without seeing it first, so will definitely make use of "Bikehub pay" this time... Thanks

Fellow Paarlite, howsit!

For reference, I sent a bike from Paarl to Jhb on Thursday with TCG, R527 was the damage.