[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge

Dryland Events

Event Name: The 36ONE MTB Challenge
When: 12/05/2023 - 14/05/2023
Where: , Oudtshoorn, Oudtshoorn, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

South Africa’s ultimate mountain bike race. You have a maximum of 36.1 hours to complete the beast. If you aren’t up to the full 36ONE Challenge, you can take on The Half of 180.5km.

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...

Anyone done the HALF? Is there a transport option available to get back to cars parked at the start, or for cars to get taken to the finish? Or riders need to make their own plan? 

7 hours ago, rooikat said:

Anyone done the HALF? Is there a transport option available to get back to cars parked at the start, or for cars to get taken to the finish? Or riders need to make their own plan? 

As far as I can recall there is no such service. If push comes to shove the start is not to far away from the finish. Think it's about 5km or so. 

15 hours ago, warick_wrx said:

As far as I can recall there is no such service. If push comes to shove the start is not to far away from the finish. Think it's about 5km or so. 

Thank you! 5km too many after completing 180km :D 

8 hours ago, Sony Boy said:

Have done this numerous times. There was always a shuttle service. Sure there will be again, just check with Dryland. Puik event.

Good to know !

• 2 months later...

Is everybody busy training and not talking smack?

How is the training going all?

Target times?

I’m doing the half and hope to be ready for the braai the local full distancers will be having on Saturday afternoon / evening

• 1 month later...

Compulsively checking yr.no to check on the predicted rain.

Final rider email provoked bout of nervousness.

I only remember the good parts of last year.

It's going to be my first time riding this and if I wasn't stressed enough the weather reports look pretty bleak.

Let's hope things improve over the next few days otherwise there may be no good parts to remember from this year 😅

34 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

ugh - that sucks 😞 Weather gods are fickle - 2 weeks ago we had perfect weather for the Swarberg Gran Fondo

Ja was there .... Love that ride!

40 minutes ago, KingZA said:

It's going to be my first time riding this and if I wasn't stressed enough the weather reports look pretty bleak.

Let's hope things improve over the next few days otherwise there may be no good parts to remember from this year 😅

My second. Last year was brilliant and I decided as I crossed the finish line I was coming back. Currently I have people saying things like "you know you don't have to do it".... To which the answer is "of course I'm doing it"

Hi all, 

I have landed up in a bit of a pickle and am not sure I'll be able to register ahead of 17h00 today. Looks like my arrival will be more 18h00 to 19h00. I'm coming from CT and really not sure of what the road will be like. 

Is there anyone who is willing/able to pick up my registration and I can meet up with you early evening? I know it's a long shot, but I'd be grateful. Very grateful! 

I'm doing the HALF. 

Regards,

Jenette 

Dryland events can proudly lay claim to the most ironic company name given the  mudfest that was 36one 2023. I'd say done and dusted but ....

It's worth noting again that this is a world class event with superb logistics that provides a platform for riders to encounter an enriching and valuable life experience.

I'll be back next year for number 3.

Well done to all that tackled this year and big kudos to those who finished - had a couple of friends riding and from what I heard and saw - a proper big challenge and nastiness all around.

Had to sit out this year(sounds like I should be glad) but will hopefully be back for number 6 next year.

Edited by hboli4