MyWhoosh - free to use

1 minute ago, Johnny82 said:

Mine works fine - ANT+ dongle in laptop and picks up the HRM first time. Haven't tried casting HR from my watch as it is not necessary. Dalk is dit daai OPPO foon van jou wat nie ANT+ doen nie?

My minor irritation currently is that mywhoosh does not pick up and use my Garmin cadence sensor as they apparently only support power&cadence from the trainer. So I have to live with what my trainer thinks my cadence is.

Plus 1 on this, I have power pedals and it does not even use that for cadence.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Johnny82 said:

Mine works fine - ANT+ dongle in laptop and picks up the HRM first time. Haven't tried casting HR from my watch as it is not necessary. Dalk is dit daai OPPO foon van jou wat nie ANT+ doen nie?

My minor irritation currently is that mywhoosh does not pick up and use my Garmin cadence sensor as they apparently only support power&cadence from the trainer. So I have to live with what my trainer thinks my cadence is.

4 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

What platform are you using? I am on Windows version and I have to use an ANT+ Dongle, I have a Garmin Dual HR strap and it pairs on both.

3 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Plus 1 on this, I have power pedals and it does not even use that for cadence.

Ah, now the light goes on. My OPPO does not support / have a slot for Ant+ dongle. No wonder it does not work.

Eish, us old toppies and technology.........

I have had mixed successes with ant and may whoosh
my polar HR monitor always picks up as bt some times as ANT
Kicker  has ant and BT options
old style garmin speed and cadence never shows up
new style garmin cadence shows up only if i remove and re-seat the battery each time
Instinct 2 has only shown up once

3 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Anyone been able to pair their Garmin HRM to MyWhoosh?

My Instinct2 does not pair, and MyWhoosh technical support told me that it's not compatible. 

I then tried my HRM straps to see if any of them pairs, but with no success. According to the support website, Garmin HRM straps are compatible. Am I missing something here?

I've got a Garmin Dual HRM and pair via bluetooth to my pc and works fine, no issues.

6 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Anyone been able to pair their Garmin HRM to MyWhoosh?

My Instinct2 does not pair, and MyWhoosh technical support told me that it's not compatible. 

I then tried my HRM straps to see if any of them pairs, but with no success. According to the support website, Garmin HRM straps are compatible. Am I missing something here?

I have the Wahoo sensors and the Kickr Core with Ant+

Took a while to pair on MyWhoosh.

Test ride ... it works

Next day it keeps dropping during a ride.  Dropping the cadence sensor truly messes with the whole experience as there is a disconnect between your effort level and what is happening on the screen.

Pair again ...

Next day it keeps dropping again.  It drops the heart rate intermittently,  dropping the cadence is more regular and more of an issue. 

Back on Zwift is WORKS.

Now on IndieVelo it WORKS.

Between the graphics being way to heavy for a normal computer, and the dropping sensors I have had enough of MyWhoosh to last me a while ..... let's hope they get their system sorted.

4 hours ago, phenning said:

I have had mixed successes with ant and may whoosh
my polar HR monitor always picks up as bt some times as ANT
Kicker  has ant and BT options
old style garmin speed and cadence never shows up
new style garmin cadence shows up only if i remove and re-seat the battery each time
Instinct 2 has only shown up once

Would like to hear if you have these issues on IndieVelo.

My experience would suggest it is a MyWhoosh issue, not a hardware thing

Anyone of you clever people know if you can / how to import HR data from your Garmin to a MyWhoosh workout to at least have HR data also on your workout. Apparently my Instinct 2 is not "compatible" and as such does not link with MyWhoosh.

Ps. I dunno if the SarisM2 has the cadence sensor built in, but I do have a Garmin cadence sensor on my bike, and MyWhoosh somehow paired with a cadence sensor and I get cadence data with my workout data.

Pss. I sent MyWhoosh a mail regarding the importation of data from Garmin files. Still awaiting their reply, will update here as soon as I get an answer.

I have been using MyWhoosh now for a month or so (maybe a ride or two a week so far). Was using Garmin Instinct 1 for HR and Tacx Flow Smart for Cadence/Power both using an ANT+ USB stick (think it's a Saris) on my 8 year old laptop. I recently upgraded my Instinct to an Instict 2X and everything still works. Must say the graphics is a bit heavy on my old laptop, but for not having to pay R300 to R400 a month for Zwift I will not complain too much.

I have had issues in the past with Zwift where the connections to either my Garmin or Smart trainer dropped out for a moment, but never with MyWhoosh. 

39 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Anyone of you clever people know if you can / how to import HR data from your Garmin to a MyWhoosh workout to at least have HR data also on your workout. Apparently my Instinct 2 is not "compatible" and as such does not link with MyWhoosh.

Ps. I dunno if the SarisM2 has the cadence sensor built in, but I do have a Garmin cadence sensor on my bike, and MyWhoosh somehow paired with a cadence sensor and I get cadence data with my workout data.

Pss. I sent MyWhoosh a mail regarding the importation of data from Garmin files. Still awaiting their reply, will update here as soon as I get an answer.

I have had a couple of emails with MyWhoosh about Garmin.  They are NOT updating their platform to incorporate Garmin.

You may have better luck with IndieVelo.  Their latest update certainly is aimed at incorporating more other programs.

PS - Neither exports my rides to GarminConnect.  IndieVelo do have a brief explanation of how to manually copy the fit file to GarminConnect, I will try this later.

MyWhoosh replied with the following statement: 

Hi *****,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.

Regards,

MyWhoosh Support

23 minutes ago, johanpre44 said:

I have been using MyWhoosh now for a month or so (maybe a ride or two a week so far). Was using Garmin Instinct 1 for HR and Tacx Flow Smart for Cadence/Power both using an ANT+ USB stick (think it's a Saris) on my 8 year old laptop. I recently upgraded my Instinct to an Instict 2X and everything still works. Must say the graphics is a bit heavy on my old laptop, but for not having to pay R300 to R400 a month for Zwift I will not complain too much.

I have had issues in the past with Zwift where the connections to either my Garmin or Smart trainer dropped out for a moment, but never with MyWhoosh. 

Jip, MyWhoosh is VERY resource hungry !!

I also had endless hassles with sensors dropping.  I know of people that had sensor issues, which was resolved after an update.  I have updated it to next year and beyond, but never got it to work consistently.  Glad you dont have these issues.

IndieVelo is just so much better in terms of these criteria.

So I've been trying out mywhoosh and very happy with the overall experience. My feeling is that my trainer reacts quicker when doing intervals compared to Zwift, and for the R400 saving it's a definite yes.

My big gripe is the way myshoosh saves the fit file is a real mess. My files is showing as going 100+kph with an average HR of 0, ave Cad of 0 etc. I tried to upload the file manually to my garmin account for discovery points, and sometimes it worked other times not. I will record on my Edge 530 for now to get the discovery stuff working properly, but that's the only irritation I've had so far.

2 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

MyWhoosh replied with the following statement: 

Hi *****,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.

Regards,

MyWhoosh Support

Standard answer I got from them on my Garmin questions.  

Different questions, same answer.

They are simply not putting any effort towards Garmin compatibility

1 minute ago, Rudi Pollard said:

So I've been trying out mywhoosh and very happy with the overall experience. My feeling is that my trainer reacts quicker when doing intervals compared to Zwift, and for the R400 saving it's a definite yes.

My big gripe is the way myshoosh saves the fit file is a real mess. My files is showing as going 100+kph with an average HR of 0, ave Cad of 0 etc. I tried to upload the file manually to my garmin account for discovery points, and sometimes it worked other times not. I will record on my Edge 530 for now to get the discovery stuff working properly, but that's the only irritation I've had so far.

Same issues I had.

Worst part was I would spend a lot of time at night updating and testing.  Finally it works.

Next morning my workout is a mess due to one or more sensors acting up intermittendly.

Not sure what was worse .... doing 100km/h uphill ..... or pedalling hard and the computer shows 10r.p.m. and you idle along at 2km/h ......

None of these issues on IndieVelo

ChrisF, I wonder why not.

I'm now ruing my decision to drop my $7.50 pm subscription to Roovy a few months back. It's now $14,99 pm, and my current financial situation does not allow for such excesses. 😜

I'll just have to live with not having HR recorded in one file / download. I will just push record on my Instinct every time, at least I will have a Garmin file with my recorded HR over the session.

Edited by Wannabe
Added content

4 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

ChrisF, I wonder why not.

I'm now ruing my decision to drop my $7.50 pm subscription to Roovy a few months back. It's now $14,99 pm, and my current financial situation does not allow for such excesses. 😜

I'll just have to live with not having HR recorded in one file / download. I will just push record on my Instinct every time, at least I will have a Garmin file with my recorded HR over the session.

I need to check the wording on IndieVelo.  When you try select GarminConnect as a destination to upload rides it pops up message to the effect that GARMIN "is not accepting new sources" (or something to this extent).

The message creates the impression there might be some licensing or cost issues from Garmin's side ....

At least IndoeVelo then carries on to provide details of how to do it manually.

At the moment I do warm up rides 3 mornings per week.  Not too worried about this data, as the actual exercise happens off the bike and is recorded.

If I do longer rides I will sit down and figure out how to manually load the fit file.