MyWhoosh - free to use

Dexter-morgan

On 6/11/2023 at 3:38 PM, RobertWhitehead said:

I do yes, I always try to download first :huh:. I am stoked to see that this isn't just me, I've seen quite a few unknown apps on the app store which I've downloaded. I will activate my trials one by one and see which is best 

Feedback from my "Bold and the Beautiful" soap: downloaded and used Kinomap this morning. Could not get the Apple TV to connect with the trainer. Used Kinomap on the phone and it was quite a workout. Made me think: does the bluetooth connection drop during a ride on Fulgaz? That lead me to head over to our friends at one of the online shopping platforms and got myself a 10m HDMI cable.

My plan: pull the cable through the ceiling and drop the Apple TV directly above the trainer (like 30cm away), then I will test Fulgaz again to see if the drops persist, if it does hopefully Kinomap picks up the trainer. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my first MyWhoosh app failure on the iPad yesterday, regretfully didn’t recover so lost the ride completely.

luckily I was connected to the trainer with my garmin as well, so at least had the numbers for the effort.

im going to see if I can engage with there devs/product team, keen to see if they are open to “suggestions” 😆

Running a Samsung blah blah (the new one) tablet. With an Elite Zumo. It's been collecting dust for a year. Thoughts of lockdown workouts still turn my stomach.

My better half did a ride on mywoosh this morning. The only issue was that once my user had been connected to the trainer her user would not find the trainer. Switched bluetooth off and back on and off she went. She used a youtube playlist on her phone for tunes. It's not Zwift but it's not bad.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Fulgaz is a terrible platform. Used it to do that virtual Argus stuff during lockdown and will never use it again.

I thought sufferfest was amazing back when it was sufferfest. Have they changed it since Wahoo bought it over?

On 6/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, Frosty said:

Tried MyWhoosh again.

• Previously a workout in TrainingPeaks would pull through on the calendar. Not this time;
  • Tried to create a workout to match my plan for today; screen too small to make the changes required;
  • Picked a workout from their workout list, that was close to my plan for the day;
  • Ride completed fine, but the workout never started.

Will give it a go another day.

IMG_1477.png.0994a416b5444f44b1a0aaee95a6721a.png

I've given up, the constant world updating everytime you start the app just isn't worth it.

I think their intention is another race only platform, whenever I tried to do a workout I had some or other issue.

for now I'm stuck with zwift (x2 thanks CancER for the extra cost)

4 hours ago, fanievb said:

I've given up, the constant world updating everytime you start the app just isn't worth it.

I think their intention is another race only platform, whenever I tried to do a workout I had some or other issue.

Im not having this experience at all on an iPad Air 4th Gen.

What is your setup? (Sorry if you've already mentioned this).

Have you tried deleting and starting from scratch?

5 hours ago, fanievb said:

for now I'm stuck with zwift (x2 thanks CancER for the extra cost)

I don’t actually need apps to keep me entertained when I do my indoor workouts; it’s just a convenient extra. Whatever you see in Strava is how it comes out from the 3rd party apps.

I’ve been having continual data dropouts on Zwift, so decided to try MyWhoosh again. The dual recording on my Garmin (Vitality reasons) is more stable, so that goes through to TP and Intervals.

Was reading through the topic because I’m relatively new to the cycling world, so I’m not fit and strong, and have been looking at apps to use for training.

I’ve been using mywhoosh in a sort of ad hoc way but am starting a plan - hoping it’s not terrible and it helps me get fitter and stronger.

On 6/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, Frosty said:

I don’t actually need apps to keep me entertained when I do my indoor workouts; it’s just a convenient extra. Whatever you see in Strava is how it comes out from the 3rd party apps.

I’ve been having continual data dropouts on Zwift, so decided to try MyWhoosh again. The dual recording on my Garmin (Vitality reasons) is more stable, so that goes through to TP and Intervals.

Have come to the same point, was using Fulgaz but Bike The World is a decent alternative coupled with some music and I’m sorted. Recovery / Zone 2 sessions I just catch up on a series or some You Tube that helps to pass the time. 

59 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Have come to the same point, was using Fulgaz but Bike The World is a decent alternative coupled with some music and I’m sorted. Recovery / Zone 2 sessions I just catch up on a series or some You Tube that helps to pass the time. 

Having so much live cycling, to choose from, helps.
I start with about 50-60Km to go in each race/stage, and my 90-minute session goes by quickly.
GCN+ works well, being able to scrub the time back to the 50-60Km marker.

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 10:46 AM, RobertWhitehead said:

Does anyone have a platform that works on an Apple TV? Let me give my current situation: 

1) I have an Apple TV with a 40" mounted in the man cave with my old 26er on a Kickr (direct drive) - the struggle is real. 

2) I've been using Fulgaz since lock down - I am a Knight from another platform - all the Sufferlandrians will know what I'm talking about. Fulgaz has been giving me endless crap, the resistance keeps dropping and sometimes the video freezes. What I have done to mitigate the issues:

A) Pulled a Cat6 Lan cable from the router and got a mesh to boost the signal 

B) I have removed all other bluetooth devices and changed back to the laptop and phone as well 

C) I have bought another trainer. 

D) I have reached out to Fulgaz for advise and their platform had two releases since the start of my issues back in Feb. 

3) I cannot use Rouvy as you need a first Gen remote (which costs R1900) and I use a generic remote I got for like R200

4) I refuse to use Zwift as that is absolute rubbish 

5) Sufferfest does not have elevation on their videos (this sucks - so everything is at 0m) 

6) I will much rather start doing crossfit than cycle outdoors 

7) My Whoosh is not currently on Apple TV

So based on the above mentioned, is there any other options out there that I can consider? 

Also battled with various Cycling Apps. Now using Golden Cheetah and it works perfectly. No gaming and funny avatars but you can do a multitude of training programs and if video is available you can sync program to video. Run my own on a antique laptop with windows 7 and my wifes on a i7 Assus Laptop. We have build about 50 programs linked to your FTP and downloaded about a 100. Works every time

Tried MyWhoosh for first time and it worked quite well for two session. Last night I tried to get it going but it got stuck on the opening screen. Thought it might be an update so I waited. Afte 3 hours still on same screen. Downloaded it again to mt windows 11 laptop and exactly the same.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem and how was it rectified. Waiting for a response from their support team

I have recently did the 13.2GB download and everything worked fine, Probably the best look and feel since its launch, 

with the agreement between UCI and "Mywhoosh" for the official esports racing, I suspect that it is going to grow from now.

22 hours ago, Block said:

Now using Golden Cheetah

No going back for me. Best no-frills training, and super detailed data analysis of anything and everything (especially after linking with strava to pull your IRL rides in for analysis.

Mywhoosh doesnt like my laptop.. too old. 

But it runs amazing on my Ipad.  Workouts, rides everything is 100%. 

I'm learning to love it.

But my main training sessions are through TP running through my Garmin 530.    No fuss, just business.  My screen occupies me with some One Piece Anime, to get my head focussed elsewhere when the watts burn the legs and the interval is still 15min to go.

Edited by Maniax