Cyclelab letting me down.... what now?

Rhodent

24 minutes ago, Rhodent said:

Right - Happy ending as hoped.

Email sent to Andrew kicked the ball into motion, and everything that is outstanding is being rapidly cleared up and sent to me.

I must stress that the biggest issue here was communication - in hindsight there was evidently work going on in the background, but without this being communicated to me it obviously felt like nothing was happening (particularly with messages not being responded to). Not having the ability to just walk into the shop and query makes things much worse as well.

Anyway - alls well that ends well. I am waiting for my invoice to pay the surplus amount, and for the courier to arrive in a few days.

Well done CycleLab for turning this around....

Thats Good!!!! Well done Andrew

1 hour ago, Rhodent said:

I must stress that the biggest issue here was communication

This right here is the cause for probably 90% of peoples issues. 

Communicate with the customer and you'll find most people wont get upset.

1 hour ago, Rhodent said:

I must stress that the biggest issue here was communication

That unfortunately sums up my last experience with their online option too.

Wanted to buy a couple of items but could just never conclude.

Eventually I lost interest ...

Glad your situation appears as if it will be resolved to your satisfaction.

I just ordered a tire from CL. They sent me the wrong tire. Turns out the “stock sticker” they had on it was incorrect.

When I contacted support they agreed to send me the right tire after they had collected the wrong one - only they sent it to my house in Cape Town and not where they sent the original order to in Hermanus where I am currently staying…

I am not sure now what they sent me, so am hoping it’s correct when I get back. Otherwise, it’s another swap-a-roo…

They must be losing quite a lot in courier fees to fix all their fulfilment errors.

11 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Uhmmmmm .... sorry, discount rates on some products does not justify poor customer service.

It IS nice to walk through CWC and the CL .... nice range.  But more often than not there is zero service.

I gotta say the new store at n1 city has been fantastic so far everytime I’ve walked in there. All the staff seem knowledgeable as well which is a bonus so o complaints yet. 

CWC on the other hand. **** Mr they just suck at everything. I once shown an hour in the store, walked past 5 sales guys and not one even bothered to ask me if i needed assistance. I also bought a Sidi Road shoe in their online site at a great price. Went to collect it and the white shoe was like yellow in color. It was dusty and dirty, looked worn as well.