[Event] The Stanford 100

SUPERMANTRI

Event Name: The Stanford 100
When: 09/12/2023
Where: Stanford, Western Cape
Category: Gravel

The Stanford 100 Miler is a 1 day race in the heart of the Overstrand. Did you know Stanford is the only Town in the Overstrand proclaimed a Heritage Site, in its entirety. Like the whole Town is a Heritage site. Fancy. Probably the best part of Stanford is its proximity to equally beautiful towns, Gansbaai, Pearly Beach, Hermanus, Franskraal, Elim, Baarskeedersbos and L’Agulhas, the Southernmost tip of Africa.

2023 will be the 2nd Stanford 100 Miler, brought to you by the people who bring you the handcrafted bicycle race in the Tankwa Karoo, The Tanqua Kuru Bicycle Race. This race has been built from the ground up. Fresh. Real. With an unwavering commitment to create memories and adding value to the people who host us. Join us for The Hunt.

Entries open 1 July 2023

100 mile

50 mile

Go to Event Page.

I like handcrafted bike races, the factory ones are too sterile for my liking!

I adore FairTrade bike races more though, you really want to know what went into the boerie roll at the end wasn't just roadkill from the final route scouting.

I mostly enjoy Organic small batch bike races though, for obvious reasons. I'd go on further but fear that just the power consumed by typing further could offset the carbon neutrality of them so you'll just have to take my word for it.

My standard race entry process involves me, Jack Daniels, late nights and my credit card ..... So I'm probably in. I like Greyton. Have enjoyed the trails there quite a few times.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:49 PM, Mamil said:

My standard race entry process involves me, Jack Daniels, late nights and my credit card ..... So I'm probably in. I like Greyton. Have enjoyed the trails there quite a few times.

the route is going to be amazing, absolutely minimum tarmac, an awesome climb with some decent elevation, spectacular views, some technical descents...it will have everything!