[Event] WP Criterium Championships 2023

City Cycling  Athletic Club

1 hour ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

Inter Club Competition

This series of events is aimed at bona fide members of CSA affiliated clubs.

so if you not part of a club you cannot enter?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Glen De Goede Edge Cycles said:

A podium presentation for the first 3 finishers will take place after each event.

Individuals may take part and will podium if they finish in the first 3 places

It's all systems 'GO' for the first criterium of the series on Sunday afternoon. We have moved the circuit to further inside the Paarden Eiland industrial area (Transvaal and Lowestoft streets).
The inside of the circuit is a grassed area where gazebos may be erected.
The first race commences at 14.00pm sharp , thereafter the Clubs will engage each other for the TOP Club competition which has fantastic prize money at the end of series.
The Women and Men will round out the day's racing for the championship and overall series winner.

crit202321318985_860763080753920_8048264892161446885_o.jpg

image.png.5d33145b6a7c555edc322304ffd91e28.png

I rode de course yesterday and I'm a little bit concerned about the two spots marked here, I would like to know what you have planned to secure them ?

The left turn is very bumpy and full of gravel if you don't apex it, hopefully it will be thoroughly swept before the races ?

The main straight has a manhole that is 10cm deep into the road, anyone hitting it at speed will OTB and cause a big crash. Is there a plan to limit the racing to the left lane only ? Or to secure this big hole? (the photo doesn't really show well how deep it is)

Edited by Jbr

Cone option with a clear briefing on the start line probably should suffice.

Spraying the road isn't legal and unless pre approved it won't fly by the CoCT. 

27 minutes ago, babse said:

Cone option with a clear briefing on the start line probably should suffice.

Spraying the road isn't legal and unless pre approved it won't fly by the CoCT. 

I saw Georgies name painted all over Signal Hill officials never found the culprit 🤪

Mens - Johan Trotsky - Reality Dynamix wins it in the sprint from Clint Hendricks of Enza Construction. Kerry Jonker wins the Women's race , Tyron Ingle of City CC breaks clear with 2 laps to go to solo to victory while Ossie Booysen wins the bunch sprint for 2nd. photos and results see Western Province FB page later in the week

On 2/3/2023 at 3:38 PM, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

the 'drain hole' will be filled for the duration of the event and then removed. we have the material and equipment to make the hole road worthy. 

the drain was covered by cold asphalt purchased from builders express.😘 thanks JBR for pointing out the obstacle.

1 hour ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

the drain was covered by cold asphalt purchased from builders express.😘 thanks JBR for pointing out the obstacle.

Ahah I couldn’t even see where it was today ! Well done guys I wish all events were so prompt at making sure roads are safe !

I just came to spectate and i was pleasantly surprised how well it was organised.Well done.Maybe ill join the next Race,if I can get enough training in.